Sony HTSS/F1300 - Is this the best All-in-one for the money?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by markie, Feb 5, 2009.

1. markie

markie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I am very close to purchasing a Sony HTSF1300, when they come back in stock from Play.com. In the interim, was just wondering whether this is the best all-in-one for about £300, or are there any better alternatives for about the same money? Opinions appreciated !

2. flex23

flex23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought this system from play.com in October and have not regretted it for single minute. The sound is incredible especially when listening to DTS or Hi-Def audio found in Blu Ray films. It pushes out 1000w, full volume is I believe 40-45db The loudest I need to go is 24db. The surround speakers (tall boy) produce a crisp sound and the sub-woofer delivers deep wall pounding bass. I have my PS3 & DVD/HD Recorder connected via HDMI, the Sky digibox via scart and optical for sound but there is a spare HDMI connection for Sky HD although from my understanding you'll still need to connect the optical lead to get sound, however this is a problem with the Sky Digibox, not the SF1300. All my AV gear is Sony, therefore I benefit from Bravia Sync and the kit looks good together. I don't know much about alternative AIO solutions but am very happy to have chosen this one. Hope this helps :)

3. cols

cols

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +517
    Well, it's probably debatable, but from what i've heard / read, it's one of the best i'd say.

You should also look at sony htddwg800 and yamaha av63+ (make sure it's the "+" one) though, they're also highly rated.

I have the htsf1200, which is pretty much identical to the 1300 except for cosmetic differences, and i'm very happy with it, for what that's worth!