Sony HTSS 1200/1300 - where can I get them from?

DaveyG

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

If this has been answered in another thread then I'm very sorry for a double post. I have looked through another thread which has about 55 pages of replies and I couldn't go through them all :)

On another thread some of the members here helped me decide on a Sony HTSS 1200 or 1300. The 1200 suits my needs but doesn't seem very available anywhere anymore and the 1300 is at the top of my budget so I was wondering if anyone knew

a) where I could get the HTSS 1200 from
b) where I could get a good price on the 1300 (currently £269.99 on Play.com, although out of stock)

Thanks in advance, and again, sorry if this has been answered on existing posts!

Got mine from total digital.

Ordered on a thursday by phone - expecting next day delivery but they told me it would be with me the following monday - and it was! :D

I really struggled to get hold of mine.

Had to pay over the odds from the Sony centre in the end.

Where did you get the 1200 from? If I can get the 1200 for cheaper I would be tempted with that....

I've ordered the HTSF1200 from that site for £221 delivered, but that's the one with the tall speakers. I don't think they do the HTSS1200.

I've ordered the HTSF1200 from that site for £221 delivered, but that's the one with the tall speakers. I don't think they do the HTSS1200.

I walked into Total Digital today (19th November 2008) and they had a stack of Sony SF-1200's as a Managers Special at just £69 would you believe!!!??
Regards
JohnC

Wow, bargain! Is that only if you buy them on site then? I already have a 1200 but i know a few people who would be interested if that's their deal at the moment!:thumbsup:

I walked into Total Digital today (19th November 2008) and they had a stack of Sony SF-1200's as a Managers Special at just £69 would you believe!!!??
Regards
JohnC

Really?! That seems a little unbelievable, you sure there not the old 1100 model, or maybe a similar looking DAV model? £69.00 for a HTSF 1200 seems a little far fetched as its virtually identical to the 1300 at £300... Where is the shop? Any chance of a photo? Could well be worth a trip up at that price...

Last edited:
Really?! That seems a little unbelievable, you sure there not the old 1100 model, or maybe a similar looking DAV model? £69.00 for a HTSF 1200 seems a little far fetched as its virtually identical to the 1300 at £300... Where is the shop? Any chance of a photo? Could well be worth a trip up at that price...

Yes Honestly!!!
I couldnt believe it either...!!
Im well into my seventies & sometimes the old brain box forgets things so I allways carry a note pad around with me & I copied it of the actual box!!!!
So yes £69
Another sales ticket said "Reduced to £69!! the last one was sold for £119.99!"

Another ticket said reduced from £420.... to £319....... to £119...... to £69 now.

Honestly

Is this agood deal then???
I know nothing about this system but think I might reserve one tomorrow and call in later in the day to pick it up!!
Regards
John

That's an awesome deal, they're currently selling them online for £205 + £10 delivery and even that is a good bargain!

It's such a bargain i'm still waiting for you to say "KIDDING!" :D

Is the cheapest 1300 from Total Digital?

Anyone had experiences with these?

They reliable?

Play.com got 269.99 free delivery I know their reliable so just wondering.

Jay

That's an awesome deal, they're currently selling them online for £205 + £10 delivery and even that is a good bargain!

It's such a bargain i'm still waiting for you to say "KIDDING!" :D

Well Im very tempted to say "Was only kidding..!" as Ive gone and let the cat out the bag before Ive had a chance to buy my own...
However...!! Remember I was actualy in the store after visiting Electro Centre just a few doors away....
It could be an in-store promotion only... I was so taken a-back by the price.... I didnt have eye's for anything else!!
Regards
John

No matey
I didnt say a HTSF 1200
I said a Sony SF 1200.... is there a big difference between the two then????
John

Well Im very tempted to say "Was only kidding..!" as Ive gone and let the cat out the bag before Ive had a chance to buy my own...
However...!! Remember I was actualy in the store after visiting Electro Centre just a few doors away....
It could be an in-store promotion only... I was so taken a-back by the price.... I didnt have eye's for anything else!!
Regards
John

:D
well you're a gent for letting others know about it, i'm sure as you live near there you'll be able to grab one whilst they still have them... :)

re "sf1200", as far as i know there's no such model, it's sometimes written as "ht - sf1200", so perhaps that's why?

Basically it'll look like this-

Attachments

• kino-domowe-sony-htsf120-1.jpg
    kino-domowe-sony-htsf120-1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 89
It could be a slightly more believable price if it was the 'SS' (smaller satellite speaker) version as this was generally about £100 cheaper than the SF (Floorstander). Even so that would still be a damn good deal...

P.S. the 'HT' prefix stands for 'Home Theatre'

Last edited:
The thing is, i doubt it'd be the htss1200 as they're rarer than rocking horse :censored: - Total Digital don't even stock them afaik...

Perhaps they're just desperate to clear their stock?
It makes you wonder what the mark up is on these systems generally if they can sell them at that price!

Edit: i'd rather not know actually, my ps3 probably only cost a fiver to make and was bought by GAME for 20 quid or something! :rolleyes: :eek: :D

Last edited:
The actual displayed letters and numbers on the boxes were exactly like this.>>> Sony-SF1200...
The prices were on the boxes, the boxes very big and I would say they had around 12 to 15 of them stacked up in the shop... and labeled "Managers Special!"
Its not coming up on the website at all..!!!.... only Model HTSF1200 for £205 is there.
See here>>> SONY HTSF1200 KIT 5.1Ch HDMI FM/AM radio tuner 1000W total power [HTSF1200] - £205.00 : Total Digital - The Home of Audio Visual Entertainment
John

The box for mine was about 2ft high, by about 2ft wide, by about 4ft long... Sound about right?

The box for mine was about 2ft high, by about 2ft wide, by about 4ft long... Sound about right?

Absolutely spot-on Matey...!!
I had gone into Brum on the train with my large shopping trolley and was thinking "I need to come back with my Picasso car to get this home!!"

:D or perhaps a small lorry, get a few! ;)

good luck tomorrow, hope you get one mate. Then try out Saving Private Ryan on it, awesome surround sound on the beach landing scene... :thumbsup:

It could be a slightly more believable price if it was the 'SS' (smaller satellite speaker) version as this was generally about £100 cheaper than the SF (Floorstander). Even so that would still be a damn good deal...

P.S. the 'HT' prefix stands for 'Home Theatre'

Think you may have it Welsh Wirlwind.... I can say for sure but it may have read "Home Theatre SF-1200"....!!
In fact after typing it and looking at it now I think thats what was on the box!!

Going in today with the Picasso to make sure my eyes wasnt diceving me...!!
It could have been a One Day Special mind you!!

JohnC

Last edited:
A thousand apologies Guys...!!
I thought it was too good to be true and it was...!!
As is so often the case it was very misleading.... £69 is for the stand...!!

These SF-1200 boxes were plastered with price labels and it really seemed to me that the prices stated related to what was in the boxes!!

Again I apologize for wiping up interest in what seemed a cracking offer..!!
My mistake

Its got me interested in this system though & maybe Ill investigate more!!
Kind Regards
John

Thanks for clearing it up John. You've saved me alot of petrol, I was ready to fill up the car and buy 3 as Christmas presents!

I owe everyone who responded to me last night a pint,,!!
Thanks for bearing with me!!
Kind Regards
John

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom