1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HTR 6100 - Sony RDR GX-300

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by r.vernon1, Feb 11, 2005.

1. r.vernon1

Apr 20, 2002
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:

I got the above two yesterday and connected them together. Now I have an ok sounding system, but its seems to only want to play movies in Dolby Prologic 1 or 2 as well as various other things like live, jazz etc. The Amp doesn't seem to pick up DTS or DD 5.1 tracks from DVD's. I have them connected as follows.

From Sky Box (TU-DSB30) to GX-300 (Line 3) Gold Scart Monster cable and Gold audio cables going to HTR 6100 (TV/Sat).

From GX-300 to TV Gold Scart (Line 1). From GX-300 to HTR 6100 Gold Audio leads to DVD sockets on back of HTR 6100. Also have a standard composite cable going to HTR 6100 in the video DVD port from GX-300 for some reason.

I have a number of questions if someone would be so kind as to help me.

1, Is this the best way to hook it up and should I add/remove any connections.
    2, Are Optical Digital Cords going to be better coming from Sky and DVDR into HTR6100?
    3, Why isn't the HTR6100 playing the films back in DTS/DD5.1 instead of just Pro Logic 2?
    4, Is Prologic 2 worse sounding than DTS/DD5.1?

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreicated as I think I have not set this up great although films and Sky sound ok. Also the DVDR records good quality sound/audio