1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HTK25 weirdness..

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by tomacwhite, Nov 5, 2003.

1. tomacwhite

tomacwhite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I have this system setup now and it sounds great, however when I have tried a DVD or Game that is supposed to have a 5.1 DD soundtrack, the auto detect is saying its a Dolby Digital 3/2.1 or something.

Does anyone have this system, and know what it could be I am doing wrong? I have tried it on my Xbox, and am setting Dolby Digital up in the Dashboard, and am playing Halo and LOTR Fellowship (the film) on it, and it is saying 3/2.1 not 5.1.

Same with PS2 on Metal Gear Solid 2 intro, its saying its the same.

The little Dolby Digital logo is lit up in the display, but its not saying its 5.1 when the auto detect scrolls across the display.

Anyone know whats going on?

Thanks.

2. fatrich

fatrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Tom
    i have this system (bought it 1 week ago) and the dolby digital3/2.1 is correct that means dolby dig 5.1 3 for the front 3 speakers 2 for the side or rear and the .1 is the sub.
    Your machine is ok.
    hope this helps

regards

richard

3. tomacwhite

tomacwhite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Thanks..

4. bazwall

bazwall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.guys

Would you tell me what you think of this kit, are there any bass/treble controls?I just want an amp/speaker kit with DP2 to enhance my TV sound, and maybe get a DVD later. cheers.

5. fatrich

fatrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Hi
    There are no bass/treble controls to play but for the money the system is great

regards

richard

6. tomacwhite

tomacwhite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Yup I agree. The system is brilliant. The sound quality is really good, and the actual build quality is very nice. The satellites are really nice, and punchy, and has good bass from the sub.

For £160 I couldnt ask for more, and for small room gaming/DVD viewing, its perfecto and compliments my AE200 really well.

Impressive.

7. srgbilco

srgbilco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem, and I found that switching the amp off & on while the sound source was playing, ie. the actual movie on a DVD and not the menu or anything else, changed the display to "Dolby Digital 5.1". To my (untrained) ear, it sounded a lot more surroundy, especially noticable with something like The Matrix.

This is a bit wierd, as when you then stop the sound source, by pausing the DVD or skipping track or whatever, it goes back to 3/2.1 and requires switching off & on again. I can't be arsed to look in the manual right now, but has this happened to anyone else? Is there a solution?