Sony HTIS100

Breers33

Established Member
Reaction score
i am after some advice please, my above system has three hdmi in and three optical in, i have my ps3 into hdmi1 which transmits both sound and picture, i have my 360 hdmi 2 which again transmits sound and picture, i have my sky hd in optical 2 which transmits sound only, however if i have my 360 on in hdmi 2 this overide the skys optical cable.. as i assume it works like HDMI 1/Optical 1 HDMI overides the optical if it is turned on and this is how it works for the other two connections, now this is fine apart from HDMI input 3 and optical input 3 as i have my pc for picture into HDM! 3 and for sound it is connected optical 3, now the problem is the HDMI overides the optical so i cant get no sound, is there a way i can have them both playing so i have sound and picture .. thanks..

On my standalone sony amp there is a button on the front panel which allows you to easily switch between the audio inputs, which in my case are HDMI, optical or analogue.

I checked out the manual for your unit but it doesn't seem to have this though. If you read through the section in the manual about re-assigning audio inputs you might be able to get it to work that way, but I'm not sure if it will.

Can you disable the audio over the HDMI connection in the sound settings of the PC, that may even be worth a try.

thanks i will try this but i too couldnt find anything in the manual but will have a mess on tonight.., i did have the optical cable only into the amp and the HDMI straight into TV from the pc but the problem with this was there was about .5 second delay on the audio and i assumed this was due to the audio having to be processed first into a usb box atached to my pc which then has optical out into the amp and thought that this would contribute to the delay so i wanted them both -HDMI and opitcal into the same source...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom