Sony HTG700 or TCL TS9030 Atmos bars

verved

Standard Member
Had my eye on these 2 models for a while for the bedroom, Sony is at the top of my budget 300 notes.

I had a play with the Sony in store and was reasonably impressed for the money and have since ordered one.
However I’m still quite keen on the TCL which seems to get more favourable feedback than the Sony although both seem limited in terms of feedback and reviews.

Anybody have experience of both?

Thanks.

zubeir

Had my eye on these 2 models for a while for the bedroom, Sony is at the top of my budget 300 notes.

I had a play with the Sony in store and was reasonably impressed for the money and have since ordered one.
However I’m still quite keen on the TCL which seems to get more favourable feedback than the Sony although both seem limited in terms of feedback and reviews.

Anybody have experience of both?

Thanks.
Read some of my posts and other previous owner reviews of the Sony HT-G700. One of worst soundbars I have heard. My old PC speakers with sub sounds better!

verved

Standard Member
Thanks for the reply I’ve decided to cancel it too many mixed reviews / opinions.
Going to think it over but I’m fairy certain I’m going with the TCL , just a shame it‘s slight longer than the TV cab and it’s a bit fugly.
Cheers.

zubeir

Thanks for the reply I’ve decided to cancel it too many mixed reviews / opinions.
Going to think it over but I’m fairy certain I’m going with the TCL , just a shame it‘s slight longer than the TV cab and it’s a bit fugly.
Cheers.
Does it have to be an Atmos soundbar?

verved

Standard Member
Not really however I’ve pulled the trigger on the TCL from the AO clearance site at a descent price.

Cheers.

zubeir

Not really however I’ve pulled the trigger on the TCL from the AO clearance site at a descent price.

Cheers.
I was going to recommend the LG SL6Y 3.1 soundbar, it's around £269.99, Dolby and DTS. Plus you have the option in future to add wireless surrounds for a 5.1 experience.

verved

Standard Member
Yeah I seen that, If this TCL doesn’t work out then the LG will certainly be on the list.
Appreciate the advice fella.
Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom