Sony HT-Z9F Owners and Discussion Thread

Put the TV on an aftermarket stand? My ZF9 fits perfectly under my KD49XG9005 that way. There hardly any gap at all and it can slide back fully flush with the TV, or, come forward. The Sony TVs have got really impractical feet.View attachment 1328644
Thanks that's always an option if I have any issues, do you have link to the stand?
Incase I do need to get one.

out of those, probably the only one i'd probably want to watch is MI Fallout, but typically the only remux HDR i can find doesn't have Atmos audio, it has DTS-HD and TrueHD 7.1

To get the best sound, I would listen to it on a 4k disk. Unless your getting a 50/100gb uncompressed rip.

Any compression will affect the sound quality when played back through your SB and will not give a true example of the atmos soundtrack.

Thanks that's always an option if I have any issues, do you have link to the stand?
Incase I do need to get one.

or do what i did?

IMG_20200619_153544.jpg

To get the best sound, I would listen to it on a 4k disk. Unless your getting a 50/100gb uncompressed rip.

Any compression will affect the sound quality when played back through your SB and will not give a true example of the atmos soundtrack.

as it's remux files i download, my understanding is.

Remux means the data has been copied (often simply to a new container like mkv) without any changes.

So a BluRay release without the 'remux' tag means that the media has been reencoded and there is loss of quality, while 'remux' means it is lossless.

the files are usually between 50GB and 80GB. MI Fallout, for example, was 85GB (downloading in about 30 minutes).

considered something like this that would sit behind the glass stand, but raise the TV higher up?

Amazon product ASIN B074884C7J
you don't want to see behind mine with the wire mess! it took a long time to get it looking tidy at the front, but the back can't be seen so is messy.

At that size it looks around what original would be, so should be good.

Soundbar says Dolby Atmos Dolby truehd 48khz + vertical surround engine

I guess that's what it should be saying for proper Atmos audio?

Soundbar says Dolby Atmos Dolby truehd 48khz + vertical surround engine

I guess that's what it should be saying for proper Atmos audio?

Yes that's what my one say's onscreen when watching 4k disk.
Or will say dts x in place of atmos if a dts soundtrack equivalent to atmos.

What soundbar are people using with their TV?

Yes that's what my one say's onscreen when watching 4k disk.
Or will say dts x in place of atmos if a dts soundtrack equivalent to atmos.

i watched MI Fallout last night.
can't say i was blown away with the audio, maybe i need to calibrate more.

does anyone use z9f (zf9) with lg oled 2019 - with earc? any issues? lip sync? dropping connection? and is there any one who can compare this one to sonos arc? mainly formovies, occassional gaming...maybe music?

Just noticed this on the Sony site -
Firmware Update to Version 2.314 for HT-ZF9

Have I missed something? I'll need to check if it downloaded automatically but wasn't aware there was an update. Are there any improvements? Does it just add Chromecast improvements.

check the release date. it's not new

well it was either released on 2 Apr or 4 Feb (impossible to tell which date format they are using).
either wait, it's not "new".

and in response to any improvements - read the release notes :)

well it was either released on 2 Apr or 4 Feb (impossible to tell which date format they are using).
either wait, it's not "new".

and in response to any improvements - read the release notes :)
DD-MM-YYYY.

Yeah, I was just wondering as it is sometimes best not to be an early adopter where SW updates are concerned (from experience). I guess anything noteworthy would have popped up in this thread.

DD-MM-YYYY.

Yeah, I was just wondering as it is sometimes best not to be an early adopter where SW updates are concerned (from experience). I guess anything noteworthy would have popped up in this thread.

I think I applied this update, with no issues.

But I can double check for you when I next have it on.

The HDMI ports are in an awkward position, and although I have my cables all plugged in, would it be possible to use right angle connectors so my cables are not bent all the time?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom