Sony HT-Z9F Owners and Discussion Thread

Samv2001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Havent seen a thread on this yet. Got mine from John Lewis today. All set up. DV, HDR being passed through to TV from OPPO 203 and ATV4K. ARC working consistently with my Sony A1. Sony pack a nice little Atmos Demo disk to try. Looking forward to some testing through the next week. No lip sync issues on all sources tried yet. Atmos comes through nicely from SkyQ embedded in DD+ over ARC to my A1.

Initial sound impressions very positive. Rears likely needed to enhance rear sound but nice that its possible to add them

Looking forward to hearing opinions on this once you’ve settled it in, tempted to sell off my K850 and replace it.

Havent seen a thread on this yet. Got mine from John Lewis today. All set up. DV, HDR being passed through to TV from OPPO 203 and ATV4K. ARC working consistently with my Sony A1. Sony pack a nice little Atmos Demo disk to try. Looking forward to some testing through the next week. No lip sync issues on all sources tried yet. Atmos comes through nicely from SkyQ embedded in DD+ over ARC to my A1.

Initial sound impressions very positive. Rears likely needed to enhance rear sound but nice that its possible to add them

Did you get bravia sync to work? I cant get it going.

Also getting signal down ARC slot but TV is not controlling the sound bar volume.

Just got home and ARC not working at all

I wonder if an update is required. Its bugging me. How do you know if Atmos is working?

I cant seem the get the TV sounds to come through the soundbar, so if I load Youtube on the TV via the menu I get no sound.

if you press the display button it will show the signal coming in either on the screen or on the LED display

Just swapped cables for an identical one and it’s working again. Jesus that ARC HDMI output is in a crap place

Seems to have settled OK with the new cable now. Back as it was. Hope it was the cable....Not convinced yet

Seems to have settled OK with the new cable now. Back as it was. Hope it was the cable....Not convinced yet
So you just swapped out the cable to slot 3 on TV and the TV detected ARC itself?

Glad it's up and running again. Soundbars generally seem to be a bit problematic with HDMI :confused:

Do you have any more initial thoughts on sound / surround quality and how it compares to any other bars you've heard?

Glad it's up and running again. Soundbars generally seem to be a bit problematic with HDMI :confused:

Do you have any more initial thoughts on sound / surround quality and how it compares to any other bars you've heard?
I am really happy with the sound. Much better than my last one. Little things like I was watching Pointless last night and you could hear individual voices laughing in the audience. Didn’t get that before. Also watched Now you see me 2 last night on ATV4K and things felt like they were nicely swishing around me. From a soundbar perspective of the 3 previous ones I owned this is the best

I have tried everything, changed cables, factory reset tv. Etc. Just won't detect arc.
Did it ever work? I did do a factory reset of all the settings before the cable swap. Maybe try that. Have you selected the speakers option from the action menu and selected audio device? Maybe a Manual toggle will help

Although my factory reset didn’t appear to help so I swapped cables. Why is something so useful as ARC such a pain in the ass :facepalm:

I am really happy with the sound. Much better than my last one. Little things like I was watching Pointless last night and you could hear individual voices laughing in the audience. Didn’t get that before. Also watched Now you see me 2 last night on ATV4K and things felt like they were nicely swishing around me. From a soundbar perspective of the 3 previous ones I owned this is the best

Thanks for the useful information, there's very little review info around, so this is great. Glad to hear it's sounding good for you.

For reference, what were the 3 previous bars you're comparing it to?

Doesn’t this show the audio info when using 4k/enhanced hdmi? The st5000 wouldn’t do this and was a massive oversight!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom