Sony HT-Z9F Owners and Discussion Thread

Morden

out of those, probably the only one i'd probably want to watch is MI Fallout, but typically the only remux HDR i can find doesn't have Atmos audio, it has DTS-HD and TrueHD 7.1
To get the best sound, I would listen to it on a 4k disk. Unless your getting a 50/100gb uncompressed rip.

Any compression will affect the sound quality when played back through your SB and will not give a true example of the atmos soundtrack.

chenks

To get the best sound, I would listen to it on a 4k disk. Unless your getting a 50/100gb uncompressed rip.

Any compression will affect the sound quality when played back through your SB and will not give a true example of the atmos soundtrack.
as it's remux files i download, my understanding is.

Remux means the data has been copied (often simply to a new container like mkv) without any changes.

So a BluRay release without the 'remux' tag means that the media has been reencoded and there is loss of quality, while 'remux' means it is lossless.
the files are usually between 50GB and 80GB. MI Fallout, for example, was 85GB (downloading in about 30 minutes).

chenks

considered something like this that would sit behind the glass stand, but raise the TV higher up?

you don't want to see behind mine with the wire mess! it took a long time to get it looking tidy at the front, but the back can't be seen so is messy.

Shanew1705

What soundbar are people using with their TV?

Shanew1705

chenks

Yes that's what my one say's onscreen when watching 4k disk.
Or will say dts x in place of atmos if a dts soundtrack equivalent to atmos.
i watched MI Fallout last night.
can't say i was blown away with the audio, maybe i need to calibrate more.

majkom

does anyone use z9f (zf9) with lg oled 2019 - with earc? any issues? lip sync? dropping connection? and is there any one who can compare this one to sonos arc? mainly formovies, occassional gaming...maybe music?

Palexr

Just noticed this on the Sony site -
Firmware Update to Version 2.314 for HT-ZF9

Have I missed something? I'll need to check if it downloaded automatically but wasn't aware there was an update. Are there any improvements? Does it just add Chromecast improvements.

chenks

well it was either released on 2 Apr or 4 Feb (impossible to tell which date format they are using).
either wait, it's not "new".

and in response to any improvements - read the release notes :)

Palexr

well it was either released on 2 Apr or 4 Feb (impossible to tell which date format they are using).
either wait, it's not "new".

and in response to any improvements - read the release notes :)
DD-MM-YYYY.

Yeah, I was just wondering as it is sometimes best not to be an early adopter where SW updates are concerned (from experience). I guess anything noteworthy would have popped up in this thread.

qjamesfloyd

Standard Member
The HDMI ports are in an awkward position, and although I have my cables all plugged in, would it be possible to use right angle connectors so my cables are not bent all the time?

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming To Amazon Prime Video in August 2020. Tom's Thumbs.

Trending threads

Latest News

Linn announces Majik DSM digital streamer upgrade
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony announces WH-1000XM4 noise cancelling headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
McIntosh launches C22 Mk V preamp and MC1502 power amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Marantz unveils 12 Series Special Edition models