Sony HT-ST5000 Dolby Atmos Soundbar Review & Comments

The HT-ST5000 is still a good soundbar but it's pricey and doesn't support DTS:X. If I was you I'd be looking at the Samsung HW-Q80R (£999), Samsung HW-Q70R (£799), LG SL10Y (£1,199) or LG SL9Y (£799).

The HT-ST5000 is still a good soundbar but it's pricey and doesn't support DTS:X. If I was you I'd be looking at the Samsung HW-Q80R (£999), Samsung HW-Q70R (£799), LG SL10Y (£1,199) or LG SL9Y (£799).

Thank you. My budget is higher so looking for better quality.

I might wait for Senh Ambeo reviews. Are you going to review it?

Hi Steve, the St5000 has been updated to include both DTS:X and eARC

I am trying to decide between this and Sennheiser Ambeo.

I only listen to streaming audio which at best is Atmos and DD+.

Does anyone know if the release issues arev ironed out on this bar ie sub disconnecting and a rattling centre speaker? I'm getting it this week and I'm a bit nervous...tia

Does anyone know if the release issues arev ironed out on this bar ie sub disconnecting and a rattling centre speaker? I'm getting it this week and I'm a bit nervous...tia
Hi,

Did you ever find out if the issues round the sub disconnection etc were resolved successfully?

Thanks
Dunc

Hi,

Did you ever find out if the issues round the sub disconnection etc were resolved successfully?

Thanks
Dunc
No mate..went back...waste of time lol

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom