• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony HT-SS1200 subwoofer cable....

gingamonkey

Standard Member
Hi guys,

I have a bit of a dilemma with my subwoofer. The cable isn't long enough to reach the spot where it needs to be located, and I'm just after some advice with regards to the best way of extending it.

I'm just a bit puzzled as to the best method to use, as the subwoofer end of the cable is physically attached to the speaker, and the amp end has one of those stupid proprietary Sony plugs connected to it!

The resultant cable will be fed around the edge of the room under a new carpet which is due to be fitted next week, so I want to try and keep the join as small as possible in size - which eliminates the easy terminal block type method!

Also, will splicing the cable have much of an impact on the sound quality as this is another of my concerns? :(

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom