1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HT-SL55, any opinions?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by barnabybear, Oct 4, 2003.

Tags:
  1. barnabybear

barnabybear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Not sure if this is the right forum, as this is both an amp and speakers, but

I'm considering the Sony HT-SL55 (Can be seen here for example).

Has anyone got any opinions of this package? I think it would be powerful enough for my small room (With thinnish walls so I have to think of the neighbours;) ).
    I can't find any reviews online of this one.

Thanks in advance

2. madjo

madjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have no idea what that package is like but I can recommend this one to you http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/CatalogueItem_13494.html as I've just bought it and at over £78 less than high street prices(comet) it is a bargain.
    It is 60w per channell, with a 50 watt sub which is plenty powerfull enough for my 13' x 10' room, the sound from it is excellent and I would recommend it to anyone who is after surround sound on a budget.
    It has both optical and coaxial digital inputs and plenty of analogue(composite) inputs to connect, cd player, video, sky/cable etc.
    I used to have a philips all in one dvd mini hifi surround system and it completely blows that away, I couldn't believe the difference.
    Just got to start building my dvd collection now and after Christmas it's a new 32" tv I think as I'm presently using a 21" panasonic , it's a decent telly but the bug has bitten so it's gotta be widescreen :)

3. barnabybear

barnabybear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the recommendation. I have checked out the Yamaha, but I was considering the Sony simply due to lack of space for a chunkier amp.
    Anyway, I shall think further. Thanks again