Sony HT-SF1300 5.1 Alternative

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Evokazz, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Evokazz

Evokazz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +544
    Looked everywhere and cannot find these locally, and dont want to order online really if possible, after reading some more reviews I am starting to think of osmething else, what alternative to this amp is there? I require these:

1) 5.1
    2) Multiple HDMI (at least 2 in 1 out)
    3) Optical (1 will do)
    4) Black
    5) Any brand but £300 budget
    6) Tallboy speakers
    7) Best Sound I can get for the budget 1000W would be good

2. Evokazz

Evokazz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +544
    I have chosen the Toshiba XDE500 DVD Player at £100, mainly for its awesome reviews and multi region etc, but my total overall is £400.

I was looking at other amps but am totally stuck what to get, £300 for an amp is what I need to spend and I have a week to get it, any help???

I was looking at other amps and I am not keen on the Big Block design on a lot of them, I liked the Sony cos it was like a DVD player, some of them are pretty ugly, anyways.

Any help appreciated, I could go a little over budget but not much, please helpp lol

3. A2a

A2a

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    It depends how urgently you need the system. I would love it [HT-SF1300] and really wished I nabbed it £250 from Play, but funds were tight then; however I think I can hold on a little longer, especially as dealers and stock are limited.

I'm going to wait to see what new lines Sony bring out in the Spring. I'm gambling that the model to supersede the HT-SF1300 will be between £250 and £300...

Fingers crossed hey, but in the mean time keep having a nose here and there...

4. Evokazz

Evokazz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +544
    The product to replace is the HTFS-360 Its just the same system, with a few raised specs, but the main differance is the front facia is blue to match blu ray players, this is released in June, so a long way off really. lol.

I only know this cos I phoned Sony Centre.

I do need something pretty fast as selling my LG HT752TH, as not happy with it.

I need multiple HDMI, and dont want to buy a switch box, but will if I can find a good AIO.

Amp would be better, but budget is £400

So with Switchbox that leaves £340 for an AIO, or £300 for an amp £100 for DVD Player.

I have a good choice between 2 DVD Players, so those arent the issue, I know which Switchbox to get if needed, but the main problem is what 5.1 system, whether it be an AMP, or AIO (obviously with an AIO I wont need a player)

Any suggested AIO models, or good AMPS (with tallboys included)

5. A2a

A2a

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    What about this?

It's not as powerful, but offers (actually) more connectivity...

Can't remember where I just saw this, but you can pick it up for between £350 to £400 and still be in your budget?

6. Silver Blue

Silver Blue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    If you are looking just for an amp try the Cambridge Audio ones in Richer Sounds. Unlike the rest they are a sensible height. I've a wife friendly cabinet which wouldn't allow much in if I'd one of the monsters you mention.

Got an all in one but had I known about the Cambridge Audio AV amp I'd have got that.