Sony HT-SF1200 My review (Amp packaged with HTD-870RSF)

serpico77

Distinguished Member
Need some help!!

I have had this system since just after xmas and it was working fine but tonight when I sat down to watch a bd all i get is background sound the speaking is only coming from the subwoofer. I had this problem when first brought and I changed the settings on ps3 and amp and turned dynamic range off, they are still set to off but all of a sudden it has happened. I have spent 3 hours trying to resolve this problem with no luck.

Any suggestions? :lease:

stefanr

Need some help!!

I have had this system since just after xmas and it was working fine but tonight when I sat down to watch a bd all i get is background sound the speaking is only coming from the subwoofer. I had this problem when first brought and I changed the settings on ps3 and amp and turned dynamic range off, they are still set to off but all of a sudden it has happened. I have spent 3 hours trying to resolve this problem with no luck.

Any suggestions? :lease:

I suppose you have tried the obvious i.e. disconnecting all the speaker cables, cleaning and re-inserting checking all colour coded plugs are correct and disconnecting and maybe even swapping the hdmi cable.

And set the ps3, in its settings, to go via hdmi.

serpico77

Distinguished Member
I suppose you have tried the obvious i.e. disconnecting all the speaker cables, cleaning and re-inserting checking all colour coded plugs are correct and disconnecting and maybe even swapping the hdmi cable.

And set the ps3, in its settings, to go via hdmi.

Thanks for your reply I have done all except taking the leads out, will try that tonight. Everything was working fine until last night, its very odd.

I cant even reset the amp as it doesn't do anything when I hold the power button down for 5 secs... I will try my luck tonight and see what happens

serpico77

Distinguished Member
not sure what happened but all working now, not changed anything since lastnight...
Very odd

cyclone82

Hi

I have a sony htsf 1200 to sell it is 18 months old not sure how much it is worth. Anybody any ideas ?

thanks

cyclone

djnixon

Standard Member
As above,

I have a htsf1200 which I have to exchange for a 2.1 system since i split from my wife and moved into a smaller house.

Any idea what they might be worth now.

Darron

cols

I'd say it'd be worth about £100 to £150 second hand... Just a guess though!

I have a query, hopefully someone can help...

I'm not getting 5.1ch from sky+. I don't have the movie channels, but with films on channel 4 and sky 1 which are marked "dd" i'm still only getting stereo.

Amp is set to "in mode" optical. Sky is set to output dd over optical, "dec priority" in amp is set to "dec auto". I have sky+ direct to tv with scart, and direct to amp with optical to "sat" optical input- with digital assign "sat - tv" (so when amp is on tv input I get audio from optical)

Amp is displaying that it's receiving from optical, but on movies with dd in the info bit, only sub and two fronts are active.

5.1ch is fine with ps3 via hdmi for games, bluray, bluray and dvd.

Can anyone who is getting dd 5.1ch from sky have a look at their settings please?

It's doing my nut in!

hippo99

Distinguished Member
From what I understand, the SD versions of Channel 4 & Sky 1 are only stereo. Only Channel 4HD & Sky 1HD actually carry DD. .

As the HD & SD channels are both showing the same programme, they put DD up in the info, but it only applies to the HD broadcast of the programme.

Hope this stops you doing your nut in any further:rotfl:

Hype

Standard Member
Hi

I have a sony htsf 1200 to sell it is 18 months old not sure how much it is worth. Anybody any ideas ?

thanks

cyclone
As above,

I have a htsf1200 which I have to exchange for a 2.1 system since i split from my wife and moved into a smaller house.

Any idea what they might be worth now.

Darron

Hi, seeing as last few posts on this thread have been about selling, if anyone else is thinking of upgrading/selling, I am interested in one, see my for wanted thread, thanks. harry

http://www.avforums.com/forums/spea...ed-adverts/1250143-wanted-all-one-system.html

ramit

Does anyone know if this amp supports hdmi 1.3 or hdmi 1.4 - looking to upgrade to 3d tv, and want to know whether sky 3d or mkv's with hd will work via this amp?

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom