• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony HT-NT5 losing sync with wireless Sub

beerglass007

Established Member
Has anyone had a problem with the Sony HT-NT5 losing sync wireless sub

I keep having to enter the menu and pair the bar to the sub using the sync button on the sub.

Happens normally after 2 days of use or lack of use

Driving me crazy

Thanks

beerglass007

Established Member
Anyone ?

beerglass007

Established Member
Bump, Has anyone got the same issue. Emailed Sony and phoned them no help

Bal

Prominent Member
Wow nearly a year later...just purchased the same sound bar and although I don’t have to re-link the subwoofer it does seem to lose sync temporarily from time to time during use. Will reposition it and see if that helps.

FIRELIKEIYA

Novice Member
I just had issues with my Sony HT-ST5000. It was my wifi that was causing interference. I have a Netgear Orbi wifi mesh system but this would be relevant to all mesh systems (Google, Lynksys, Apple). The sub is connected using a 5 Ghz band. WiFi mesh systems use both 5 Ghz spectrums and it appears Sony's firmware has a hard time dealing with this in auto mode. You have to go under settings for the subwoofer connection and manually select a frequency band and channel. I selected 5.8 Ghz channel 1 which has worked great.

Chadman4

Novice Member
I just had issues with my Sony HT-ST5000. It was my wifi that was causing interference. I have a Netgear Orbi wifi mesh system but this would be relevant to all mesh systems (Google, Lynksys, Apple). The sub is connected using a 5 Ghz band. WiFi mesh systems use both 5 Ghz spectrums and it appears Sony's firmware has a hard time dealing with this in auto mode. You have to go under settings for the subwoofer connection and manually select a frequency band and channel. I selected 5.8 Ghz channel 1 which has worked great.

Hi

I am having the same issue. Would you be so kind as to direct me as to how to manually choose 5.8Ghz channel? When I go to subwoofer connection settings, it only allows me to choose between the channel 1,2,3 and the option between secured/nonsecured. NO option to choose the 5.5 and 5.8ghz.

Can you help?

lfarrand

Standard Member
I too had the same issue with the subwoofer cutting out frequently on my Sony HT-ST5000. The bass would suddenly drop out, and the green light on the front of the sub would flash slowly as if trying to reconnect. After 10 seconds or so the sub would reconnect and the bass would start playing. It started happening infrequently so was a slight annoyance, but more recently it started happening every minute or so, which was a big distraction. I also occasionally got a muddy thudding / flapping / fluttering sound from the sub, which sounded like it was blown. Turning it off and on again resolved the problem.

I tried all sorts of things to fix the problem. Moved the sub around the room. Plugged it into different outlets. Tried all combinations of the radio channels and frequencies. Enabled secure link. Replaced my WiFi router. Nothing I tried had any effect, which was frustrating.

I took out a 5 year warranty after reading some early reviews, and decided that it was better to get it covered for longer in case any any problems down the road. I dropped off the soundbar and sub at PC World for repair, which took a week. When it was returned to me, it seemed like the sub had a new plug on it, so I suspect they did so something to it. Anyway, as soon as I plugged it in the sub started cutting out again!! There was also some aesthetic damage to the soundbar and sub - a couple of nicks to the soundbar edge and it looks like the sub was dropped on one corner because the metal is scuffed and crushed. Grrr. I take good care of my things, so this is setting off my OCD a little! Might have to get back in touch with PC World / Currys and see what they have to say about it.

As a last gasp attempt to resolve the sub cutting out problem, I wrapped the power cord to the sub around a ferrite core a couple of times and this seems to have resolved the problem. I must have some RF interference on my home power supply which the sub is particularly sensitive to. So if anyone has had trouble with their sub cutting out or making strange sounds, then try putting a ferrite core around the power cable to see if it helps. You can also try a mains conditioner like a Tacima 6 way mains conditioner which you can get from Richer Sounds and Amazon.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom