Sony HT-DDW890 or Yamaha AV-5009

Guillelle

Standard Member
Reaction score
That is. I'm looking for a 6.1 system (don't ask me why, but i _need_ a 6.1 instead of a 5.1).

I don't really mind HDMI (as long as there are HDMI switches) or USB connections, I'm just looking for quality and loudness.

Which one will rock my living room better?

Thank you for your advice!

For loudness the Yamaha would win with a power consumption of 360watts compared to the Sony's 160watts.
Remember you only get out what you put in.

For loudness the Yamaha would win with a power consumption of 360watts compared to the Sony's 160watts.
Remember you only get out what you put in.

Lol, never thought about it that way. So Yamaha will make my windows shatter more...

What about sound quality and receiver features?

Both will have good sound quality, much better than an all-in-one. Both systems can be upgraded later with far better speakers which would cost more than the starter systems you are looking at. You can move onto Acoustic Energy's, KEF's, Mordaunt Short, Mission, etc etc.
As for features I think the Yamaha tips the scales, look at the list giving details on the Pixmania site. But do not look to much into features as you will find that you will hardly use any.

Just received my AV-5009 pack from pixmania and i'm really happy with it.

Just tested it with analog sources but it has a pretty good sound quality, and for sure is loud!

The processing of stereo inputs to surround sound is amazing and the speakers sound soft and balanced, although i hadn't calibrated them properly yet.

I'll tell you more when i hook it up a couple of video sources and some digital sound too.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom