SONY HT-DDW790 the right choice?

Vaporous

Standard Member
Hi guys

Just a quick question from a noob before i buy really.

Would the HT-DDW790 be the right/good choice to make if i want my PS3 in 5.1?

I guess i would use the optical port on the back of my PS3 and not through the HDMI?

Thanks for any help :)

micks_address

depends on your budget really... if you have enough cash then you would be better off going for one of the hdmi audio amps to enjoy HD lossless audio from the ps3.. but they are pricey.. i have the str 910 and then you'd have to factor in the cost of speakers.. i was tempted by the 790 or one of the sony all in ones, but the way i looked at it was that what i bought now would have to do me for 5 years or so.. i put up the extra for the amp and speakers... happy with the decision.. even the missus says the sound is excellent which is a rare compliment from her!

Vaporous

Standard Member
Thanks for the help i think ill take your advice and go for the STRDG910 :smashin:

Now all i have to do is find the right speakers my budget id say no more than £600 for everthing so i guess that gives me about 200/300 for speakers.

micks_address

for that kind of money you might be able to squeeze in the mordaunt short speakers i have with the 308 sub... i find them excellent

i got my 910 from the forum for 280 and the speakers plus sub cost 329 from richersounds in belfast

Widge

What are some nice discreet speakers that you could recommend?

I'm looking to go black for my new stuff (match PS3, that Sony amp, and my generally dark furnitured front room)....

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom