1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HT-DDW760 home cinema system

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by richiecas, Jan 1, 2005.

1. richiecas

richiecas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am considering buying this system to use with sky+, DVD recorder and xbox.

Does anyone have any experience of this and can you share your thoughts before I buy.

2. harrison99

harrison99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. richiecas

richiecas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I currently have VCR, DVD, xbox, sky and obviously TV to go through it. Will I be able to connect all these and what connections would I use?

I plan to replace sky with sky+ and the VCR/DVD with DVD recorder. I thought the amp only had audio inputs, didn't realise there were options for component etc.

4. harrison99

harrison99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It depends on your equipment - does your DVD have component video outputs and can your TV accept a component signal?

AVLand kindly give you information on the connectors on the back of AV amps such as the Denon 1705...

http://www.avland.co.uk/denon/avr1705/avr1705.htm

You may require an amp that does conversions...and there's no shortage of people who can help you here (but not me I'm afraid)

5. richiecas

richiecas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    harrison99
    Thanks for all your help and the links.
    I currently have a philips 28in CRT with 2 scarts and the DVD recorder will probably be the sony GX300.
    What setup do you have and how is it all connected. Why is there video connections on amps, I thought they only manage audio and all video connections are made by the specific units e.g sky+ to DVDR or TV.....