1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HT DDW760 / 860

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by steveh2001, May 22, 2005.

Tags:
  1. steveh2001

steveh2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hope this is the right section!

Basically i found the DDW760 for £190 - but am wondering if its better to go for the one up - the 860 and the cheapest is £260 ish i think,

I think the only differences are an extra speaker, and 100W per channel as opposed to 80W on the 760, and i think that is has DTS-ES where the 760 doesnt

Also can anyone recommend the 760? And i think the 20W difference in power is neglagible, so is the DTS-ES worth it? Does anyone know if there are any other differences?

Help would be appreciated :) Just i saw the 760 whilst browsing the sony shop in camberley today, it was in the clearance section at £250, looked rather nice! Seems a good buy for a budget of £200ish

Cheers!

2. steveh2001

steveh2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thought id expand on this a bit!

This is my 1st home cinema purchase, and i only have a bedroom to put the setup in ;) So cant get huge setups! Also im just gonna use a 24" old sony TV so the fact this amp doesnt have component isnt a huge problem,

ANy advice and help would be very much appreciated!