Answered Sony HT-CT780 No Sound with KD-49X8309C

Discussion in 'Soundbars, Soundplates & Soundbases' started by Deap, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Deap

Deap
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Guys,

Just bought a new Sony KD-49X8309C today which is a great set and I'm really enjoying it. After recently Returning a Samsung UE48JU7000 (didn't like the OS one bit) I'm really pleased with the options on this model and how user friendly it is. (also got a free Dual-Shock and 6 months Playstation now).

One thing I noted about sets now is the sound is not great, so I bought the HT-CT780, It sounds incredible, but only via bluetooth at the mo as I cannot get it working with the TV at all.

This is the first sound bar I've had and please correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure it's very simple to set up and connects the following way;
    • All my devices plug into the soundbar via HDMI,
    • The Soundbar has a HDMI Out (ARC), which plus into my TV's ARC HDMI port (on this set it's HDMI 4).
    • Set the correct source on the Soundbar,
    • Sound happens.
    I've done this and its clear from the Sony Bravia sync menu thatit see's the sound bar. It even lets me control it and change the settings. Also it auto switches the source to TV for me on the soundbar and disables the TV's sound. When I turn off the bar, it turns the TV speakers back on and when I turn the bar back on, the tv speakers turn off. But there is no sound at all from the bar or the sub at any point. And no video from my connected devices is passed through to the TV

I'm also sure if I have my TV set to the source which the soundbar is connected (HDMI4) there should be some display on the TV when navigating the menus. (this doesn't happen on and of the HDMI ports)

I tried disconnecting the HDMI and just using optical, still nothing, yet i can see a red light coming from the optical port.

But the bar works fine with bluetooth Audio, I can hear everything crystal clear.

I'm using the HDMI cable that came with my Xbox One to connect the TV to the Soundbar as I'm sure that one is definitely High Speed HDMI 1.4.

Am I doing something wrong or does it sound like the Soundbar is bust?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by Deap, Jul 19, 2015 (1 points)
  3. Deap

Deap
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Best Answer
    Never mind, turned the TV off and on and now it works.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015