Sony HT-BE1 connections

john039

I'm looking at the above system as it's got a cracking write up in a couple of mags I've flicked through.

Admittedly it's not gonna compare with a seprates system, but I'm stuck for space what with DVD,Sky,and VCD units taking it all up, and as I've only got Dolby surround via the TV at the minute I'm sure this will be a big leap in quality.

Question..
Looking at the connections on the back of the HT-BE1, optical and 1 set phono only....how is it possible to link all my units into it?

Thanks for any advice.
John

gringottsdirect

Originally posted by john039
Question..
Looking at the connections on the back of the HT-BE1, optical and 1 set phono only....how is it possible to link all my units into it?

DVD player - use optical or co-axial.
VCD and Sky, obtain a cheapish switching box, if looping through your digibox isn't possible.
Personally, buy something else instead.

john039

Thanks for the reply gringottsdirect.

I've been looking for a while now, and the separates I've seen are huge(unable to fit)...thats why the Sony appealed,also the pro logic 2.

So what would you recommend, and why not the Sony?,I aint got a big budget , only a 15 x 11 ft room.

John

gringottsdirect

Originally posted by john039
So what would you recommend, and why not the Sony?,I aint got a big budget , only a 15 x 11 ft room.

HT-BE1 has tinny cube speakers coupled with a weak sub.
I know you have a DVD player already, but say you bought a Sony DAVS300 from Argos @ £199 or similar, it would sound much better and also solve your connections problem.
If you check around for deals on DAV300s I've seen them in Currys / Comet / Dixons and check out www.empiredirect.co.uk and www.richersounds.com
Alternatively, have a look at the Yamaha packages.
PL2 is fantastic but maybe I would hold off a bit longer until ready to buy something that will satisfy you, rather than plump for HT-BE1.
On the other hand, if you are not chasing room filling power , the little Sony may suit you fine.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom