SONY HT-A9 IS THIS A HOME THEATER? IT REALLY WORKS?

Jerezano

Novice Member
Reaction score
Looking to upgrade my audio system Bose Soundtouch 130, recently Started my search for a new Audio system it came to my attention this new HT A9 from Sony, I saw few reviews on YouTube finding that a lot of people are talking about this system, I wonder if it really works because is expensive and doesn’t include a subwoofer plus is only 4 speakers but it listed as support Dolby Atmos, DTS X etc, I’m using a new Apple TV to play movies from iTunes also Disney plus and Netflix, most of these movies including Dolby Atmos audio format that my Bose soundbar isn’t support, I also have many blu-ray and Ultra HD 4K movies discs, my concert is if this Sony system really sounds good , very good or the best, how sounds better with movies with Dolby Atmos from iTunes, Netflix etc, I mean streaming Or directly from a Blu-ray & 4K player, Which audio format sounds better with this new Sony Dolby Atmos or DTS X? I hoping that I can get help with these questions from your comments, thank you in advance.

Yes it works when you switch it on it produces sound..I wouldn't be too caught up with all new buzzwords, I could easily build a stereo system which can sound better than a htib system.

At £1600 its not cheap and it isn't upgradable. It's pretty much as it is.

Get something like q acoustics 3010 system with bk xls200 and a budget avr and you'll have a better system by far, and you can or replace components at will.

Yes it works when you switch it on it produces sound..I wouldn't be too caught up with all new buzzwords, I could easily build a stereo system which can sound better than a htib system.

At £1600 its not cheap and it isn't upgradable. It's pretty much as it is.

Get something like q acoustics 3010 system with bk xls200 and a budget avr and you'll have a better system by far, and you can or replace components at will.
How do you replicate the height for Atmos soundtracks without running wires into your ceiling. Genuinely interested as having the up-firing speakers, to me, seems no different to having a system like the HT-A9, admittedly I'm yet to hear it. But I do know how much of a pain it was to setup atmos with concealed wiring.

You can use bouncy upfiring speakers these aren't ideal.

I'm using q acoustic 3010i at highest position on the wall (2.7m) angled down and towards my head. Cabling going in corner along wall/ceiling for each speaker. Nail clip in and painted same colour as wall

Not tidiest of install but it's ok. Maybe I'll fit corner trunking where the four cables run up as that is not most noticeable then paint the round trunnoing I'm not cutting into plaster to fit cables replaster then repaint

You can use bouncy upfiring speakers these aren't ideal.

I'm using q acoustic 3010i at highest position on the wall (2.7m) angled down and towards my head. Cabling going in corner along wall/ceiling for each speaker. Nail clip in and painted same colour as wall

Not tidiest of install but it's ok. Maybe I'll fit corner trunking where the four cables run up as that is not most noticeable then paint the round trunnoing I'm not cutting into plaster to fit cables replaster then repaint
Would that not make everything sound like it was from the height speaker, with specific reference to Atmos, as I think that's the reason for all the excitement on the HT-A9. Unfortunately for me, If didn't hide the wires, I'd likely get throttled with them by the other half.

Yeah my system pretty much like angled Dali alteco as heights (it's set to ceiling on mine)

Bouncy type you set different mode.

Htib is usually gimmick it appears to be combination of direct and reflecting speakers.

I'd still go seperates just get budget avr and start from there

Yeah my system pretty much like angled Dali alteco as heights (it's set to ceiling on mine)

Bouncy type you set different mode.

Htib is usually gimmick it appears to be combination of direct and reflecting speakers.

I'd still go seperates just get budget avr and start from there

Its a gimmick unless the DSP is really good.

These speakers seem like they have loads of speakers like the KIII, which is meant to be one of the most amazing speakers due to its DSP.

These speakers promise a lot of DSP, and to me seem like they have A LOT of potential to be incredible for movies, if it has built in equilisation that is easy and painless and effective.

I used to have reasonably powerful 7.2 separates. Due to family situation, I downgraded to LG SN11 7.1.4 soundbar. It was quite good for its form factor and produced decent sound. Sadly bass was limited to 30-32 Hz and it had issues with Atmos processing where during action scenes some effects would sound muffled and drowned.

Few months ago, I switched to Samsung Q950A 11.1.4 soundbar. Dare I say it is matches my separates minus the sub as bass again is limited to 30 Hz. If I forgo bass under 30 Hz then trust me fellas, this one easily matches and sometimes even surpasses it in fidelity and clarity. I

Top end Soundbar's main weakness these days is deep bass. Klipsch looks promising but looks like it lacks the depth and finesse of the Samsung and as expected it does excel in deep bass. If Samsung gives the option of a dedicated sub-out in their future soundbar then I won't be tempted by separates.

people still complain about sound drops with the HT-A9, few hours ago someone on YouTube upload a video regards this issue. How about sound drops using the Sony A80J HDMI eARC to the HT-A9 please if someone have these two guys please make a comment,

Will the Sony HT-A9 phantom speakers work if the front speakers are 4.5 metres apart, the rear speakers about 6 metres from the front and ceiling height at 3.5 metres? I’m trying to find out what are the maximum distances for it to work effectively. Have read the manual but could not find any info.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom