• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony ht - 5000 or Sonos Arc

charlie55

Established Member
I asked this same question but except for 1 reply I heard nothing. So after listening to both ln the same shop I have decided on the Sony as it plays everything and I have got fed up waiting on Sonos making the LPCM update available. The Sony is also cheaper as it comes with a subwoofer. I wouldn't have bought the Arc without its sub in any case.

majkom

Established Member
Beware, sony built quality aint that good, in owners thread some are mentioning crackling of plastics after few hours of usage (heat expanding plastics - crackling sound)

PineTree

Established Member
If you want Atmos / DTSX go with Samsung or LG flagship

I'm considering the Arc to replace my 2 year old Samsung, but I already have the 950T paired with one of two tvs that I own.

keithwiggins

Prominent Member
For a strong atmos performance samsungs are pretty good , also the jbl has a strong following. The sony is supposed to be a good solid performer but as mentioned there were issues with earlier samples but i have no idea if these were resolved?
I own a Beosound stage, not strong with atmos but has brilliant build and sound quality, would expand your search and try to hear some of the others.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom