Sony HS51 for USD 1,525

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Ali K, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Ali K

Ali K

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This just seems too good to be true, I am very tempted to buy one even though my HS 20 only has about 200 hours on it!!!!

http://www.buyphotovideo.com/proddetail.php?prod=117

Even if they have made a mistake, US law means that they have to sell it at the lowest advertised price

2. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,033
    How much would the carraige and customs be on an item like this?

Add to that a lack of warranty, which is probably more important for a projector than almost any other bit of kit in your setup. Probably best avoided.

3. Ali K

Ali K

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No idea! I bought my HS 20 in the States, and brought it with me to the UK and then onto Iran where I now live. I did not have to pay any customs duty or have experienced any problems with the projector so far.

But for 800 quid, I am definitely tempted. My in-laws live in the US, i would just have it shipped to them and ask them to bring it when they are over in June :D

P.S Nice setup mate, must have set you back a few bob.

4. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. Ali K

Ali K

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you very much for the heads up. I didn't think the words too good to be true would turn out to be so strue :eek: I was actually looking for buyers for my own projector!!!!!