1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony hs50: Problems solved?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Gorshin, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Gorshin

Gorshin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    ie, have they made it brighter (specs I've read in magazines/some sites claim 1200 ansi????). Also, has the overscan problem been solved? I'm deeply interested in getting one to use via hdmi.

Any comments most welcome.

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    I don't think there's enough stock around for people to make the judgement yet! ;)
    ...PJ

3. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +721
    They won't make it brighter since it was designed to be as bright as it is.
    If it was any brighter the contrast and black level would suffer. There is a defiinite trade off between contrast and brightness with LCD, and being an HS50 owner I believe Sony have got it just bout right with the HS50.

The overscan problem with HDMI is what they are supposed to be fixing, but I've heard rumours that the fix they are implementing just enlarges the image and only half addresses the problem.

I don't have an HDMI DVD player, but I'm well happy with component from my DVD-A1. By the time HD hardware is at a price I can afford and there is enough software for it to be worth it, the HS50 will probably be old hat anyway.