1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HS50 picture glitch with HDMI

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by charles, Mar 6, 2005.

1. charles

charles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +154
    Does anyone using the above projector with the HDMI output from their DVD player experienced this glitch? I am using a Denon 2910 and have replaced the cable in case this was causing the problem.
    On a few films ,True Lies which I saw last week for example,at three points in the film the screen gave a blank light grey background for about four seconds,then the picture came back with the HDMI symbol at the top of the screen for about two seconds.The sound through the coax digital output was not affected. Playing this DVD through component or any other film that has this glitch on HDMI reveals a clean bill of health,so I think it unlikely to be the Denon at fault. The only thing that I could think of is a flaw in the HDCP encryption.Any views would be appreciated.
    Charles

2. BUFFY FAN

BUFFY FAN
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Charles sorry I can't help you with your problem but I have a question of my own for you. I have the denon 3910 and am thinking of upgrading my projector to a Panasonic AE700, Sanyo Z3 or maybe your Sony HS50. What is the picture like on your set-up? Have you got the denon set to 720p.
    Would be greatfull for your coments

3. kurtz

kurtz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Charles, does the drop out always occur at the same points in the film? If not, one possibility is noise picked up along the cable run. Do you have a particularly long HDMI cable? Did you replace the cable with a different brand or one of the same quality?

Another possibility is interference picked up from the mains directly. I remember a case where someone had intermittent flashes on their plasma and it turned out to be whenever their boiler/refridgerator (can't recall which) switched on.

If you're running at 720p/1080i maybe you could try running at a lower resolution to reduce the data rate sent over the cable and see if that makes any difference.

Just some ideas (not an expert).