1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HS50 Owners Questions

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by charles, Dec 19, 2004.

1. charles

charles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    I have downloaded the manual for this projector prior to delivery hopefully by the end of the year.
    On page 11 of the manual it refers to minimum and maximum distances for the projector from the screen.Are these measurements based on diagonal measurement of the screen?
    Is the projector compatible with encrypted HDCP material such as the fortcoming Sky HDTV?
    Where have you found the best placement for the projector?There are a wealth of options but these must compromise on picture performance.
    Ideally I would like to place the unit on a suspended metal unit from the ceiling which will house both the unit and the DVD player(Denon 2910) This would be around eighteen inches from the ceiling and parallel to the screen. The distance from the screen of the unit would be mid way on the Zoom setting.
    Thank you
    Charles

2. Kahless725

Kahless725

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im not an owner but I am 99% sure it is compatable with Sky HDTV.

I would be carefull using a cage of some type, you will need to make sure all the air vents are clear. (Cant you use a normal bracket thing and have the dvd on a shelf on the nearest wall?)