Sony HS50 From Gultronics

kikekun said:
flipando.gif

You lucky man! :)

I'm starting to get a bit nervous now, and hearing people on the forums speaking about how wonderful their projectors are is not good for my health! :nono:

Mind arrived from Gultronics within a week of order too (early Jan) but its going back as soon as you lot have received yours and I know Sony UK are prepared to aply the firmware patch (and fix the panel misalignment).

Beastie Boy said:
Craig, out of interest, how bad is your panel misalignment?

I'm only a newbie so I may have this wrong, but I get a green line of pixels down the righthand edge of the image andif I look closely I can see purple edging to certain parts of the image as well. Itsonly the green line that is noticable at viewing range though. I've spoken to Gultronics and decided to wait until the updated firmware is available to be applied, so I can kill two bird with one stone when I return it.

What was Gultronic's response to the problem? Are they prepared to exchange or repair the unit via themselves, even after the 7 day cooling off period.

It's good to get a picture of how dealers treat these kinds of problems, especially when they have £1510 of your cash, and nothing to sell!

Cheers, Beastie.

Beastie Boy said:
What was Gultronic's response to the problem? Are they prepared to exchange or repair the unit via themselves, even after the 7 day cooling off period.

It's good to get a picture of how dealers treat these kinds of problems, especially when they have £1510 of your cash, and nothing to sell!

Cheers, Beastie.

Its defective so the Distance Selling Regs time limit is not an issue, straight forward Sale of Goods Act claim. Right to reject undere SoGA expires after a reasonable opportunity to inspect etc, I've reported problem but told to hang back. I'm feeling on safe ground ;). I don't think there will be any need to cause a fuss though, Lal at Gultronics will sort it out for me and I only want it fixed, not replaced. Its up to Sony how they choose to resolve the problem.

Got an email from Lal. Just 2 units in this week. Still a lot of waiting left for me. :boring:

Hi again...

Thanks for your running updates... really apriciate them.... (o;

2 unit's in this week.... have to write Lal right away then. To hear if i'am one of the lucky ones.

A guy here from copenhagen, orderet his 3 days before me, and got he's
last week. He was number 5...

So my order came in 3 days later, so i might be lucky enouph, to get one of the 2 this week.... :)

But i'am really beginning to be impatiant now, as you said. It's quite hard to read about how fantastic every one think it is..... :(

But anyway, the waiting should be over for every one this month. going to be exiting to hear, if all of us will be satisfyed with the HS-50 after all this reading about it.

Flemming

Hola Flemming! :)

How is it going with your projector? Did you receive it already?

Just being curious! ;)

Hi Kike...

No..... Havent heard anything yet.....

Was really hoping this week, but it seems that it will next week.

Have you spoken to gultronics this week..??

Flemming

Flemming said:
Hi Kike...

No..... Havent heard anything yet.....

Was really hoping this week, but it seems that it will next week.

Have you spoken to gultronics this week..??

Flemming

I sent them an email yesterday asking how the queue goes, and I got this:
"they are being cleared in priority order....pls bare with us"

So nothing new... :(

He he.... Nothing new then..

Same email to everyone...

Let you know, when something happens... And then you are welcome to test mine........ In Copenhagen.... :)

Flemming

Flemming said:
He he.... Nothing new then..

Same email to everyone...

Let you know, when something happens... And then you are welcome to test mine........ In Copenhagen.... :)

Flemming

Hehehe...Copenhagen. Nice city as far as I know, but scandalous taxes! ;)
You know, I had a job offer over there last year, so maybe after I finish this job in UK I can try again in Denmark. :)

right.... taxes are absolutelt crazy.... especially on cars.... :(

But if you come to Denmark, you are welcome in my little cinema.... :)

Flemming

Anybody heard anything from gultronics this week....??

The last thing i heard was, they exspeded a delivery last fridag from Sony, but there was apparently no Hs-50 comming in last week...

I think that Sony are in a hurry, if all back orders shall be solved this month...

Flemming

Flemming said:
Anybody heard anything from gultronics this week....??

The last thing i heard was, they exspeded a delivery last fridag from Sony, but there was apparently no Hs-50 comming in last week...

I think that Sony are in a hurry, if all back orders shall be solved this month...

Flemming

Hello...do you remember me? :D
Once again it's me who answers you :)

I went to London to speak directly with Lal ( the guy in charge of the projector department), and he was quite sincere telling me that he has no idea of when the projectors will arrive. It all depends of Sony Japan, and they have stopped giving dates to the shops due to their unability to meet them.
The units have started to arrive in droplets....3 here...1 there...and last week there wasn't even one projector in.

I emailed him yesterday asking if he got any units this weeks so far, and he told me a big NO. :rolleyes:

So it's been two weeks now without any new unit in. If you take a walk in the Oxford Street shops in London, some shops have the Sony in stock, but 300£ more expensive :rolleyes:

Someone on this forum said that he spoke with a Sony Center shop owner, and he told him that no new units are expected before 8 weeks! 8 weeks!! I don't know who I should believe...
The fact is, April is going by already and no sign of Guiltronics clearing their orders...all Sony's fault, of course.

Anyway Flemming, you are one of the firsts on the queue, so I think you won't have to wait much longer.

We will see how this soap opera ends... :thumbsdow

Hi Kike...

Once again... Thanks for you fine updates, Lal didn,t even answer my last 2 emails...

But what you told me, was what i expected, they dont know anything about when to expect new delivery's.

The story about shops with HS-50 in stock are the same here in Denmark now. But again at a significantly higher price. So what are a few weeks more of waiting, against a price tag, 500£ higher..... here in Denmark...

And yes, i am in front of the queue, but what good is that, when Sony dont deliver anything for weeks...

Flemming

I spoke to Lal at Gultronics today.
They are expecting a delivery of HS50s tomorrow (Fri 29th APR). There will be enough stock to cover all oustanding back orders, plus more besides.

If the stock arrives in time (before 3pm), they will be despatched tomorrow for delivery next week.

If this turns out not to be the case, then I'm afraid I shall be cancelling my order and looking elsewhere, so fingers crossed.

Cheers, Beastie.

Beastie Boy said:
I spoke to Lal at Gultronics today.
They are expecting a delivery of HS50s tomorrow (Fri 29th APR). There will be enough stock to cover all oustanding back orders, plus more besides.

If the stock arrives in time (before 3pm), they will be despatched tomorrow for delivery next week.

If this turns out not to be the case, then I'm afraid I shall be cancelling my order and looking elsewhere, so fingers crossed.

Cheers, Beastie.

Yeah, I've been told the same today. I'm joining you on the fingers crossed then :D
Let's hope this is it!

Fantastic news.
Just spoke with Lal at Guiltronics, and they have received all the units for the preorders! :clap:
Now we have to wait just a little bit more to get the unit delivered...

Argh...it's been a painful waiting, so I suppose that will make the projector experience even better! ;)

Well I bought one today from Lal - he said there were about 5 or 6 left, so if anyone's after one they might want to give them a call quick sharp. From ringing round this afternoon they're still thin on the ground (and funnily enough the PTAE700 is also out of stock in many places).

I know for a fact all dealers that ordered them have HS50's - I can onlsy speak for ourselves but they are the new firmware. Also AE700's are in plentiful supply in most places, with 1.07 firmware.

Regards and happy voting!

Got mine delivered today from your place Benji. Had to dismantle it into bits in the car park because the box wouldn't fit into an MX5 (not mine) to get home. Had to laugh hanging on to pride and joy as we went down road with top down in good sunshine. Had to pray it didn't rain :) Can't test it until I get the screen on saturday, but ordered it monday I believe (bank holiday) and got it today. Top stuff.

Cheers

Benji,

any joy with regards to ascertaining whether my firmware needs updating or not.... haven't heard from you since 8th April ....

:cool: I got one from Gultronics on Tuesday too - the guy said I was lucky because there have been people waiting for weeks and I just phone up and they have one in stock for next day delivery....

danatk said:
:cool: I got one from Gultronics on Tuesday too - the guy said I was lucky because there have been people waiting for weeks and I just phone up and they have one in stock for next day delivery....

Yeah, me, for instance, I waited 3 months :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom