1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HS50 From Gultronics

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Flemming, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Flemming

Flemming

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi..

I live in Copenhagen Denmark.

I orderet a HS-50 at Gultronics i the middle of January, and paid it as well.

It's beginning to be in stock in the shops here in Denmark these days, but haven't heard anything from Gultronics yet.

I know it's a problem all over the world, not just at Gultronics.

So i just wantet to hear if anyone have recieved the Hs-50 from Gultronics yet...???

I think that it might take a bit longer at Gultronics, due to the many pre orders they have. They really sell this unit at a reasonable price... :)

Flemming

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi & welcome to AV Forums :)

IIRC a few members did buy from Gultronics & were happy etc. Sony released a firmware update to address HDMI blanking issues & this may have caused the (current) supply shortage.

Drop them an email or call them for an accurate update.

:smoke:

3. kikekun

kikekun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought it at exactly the same date as you did and still waiting :rolleyes:
    I'm starting to get angry not because Guiltronics, as it is not their fault but Sony, who seems to be giving the shops delays and more delays. It's unacceptable to be waiting one month and a half without even a concrete date of shipping. :nono:
    Anyway, a guy from the forum had too much of waiting and just cancelled his order on Guiltronics for buying it elsewhere, which is starting to be an option, but you'll probably end up paying more for a older unit without the firmware upgrade.

I email Guiltronics almost every week, and the most firm date I got was "we expect a new batch of units at the end of March, but Sony is not giving us any concrete information of when to actually expect it". So maybe is just a guess by Guiltronics, I don't know. I can't complain at all by their service, but this is getting too annoying. I made the decision of cancelling my order too if this "end of March" date turns out being nothing. I'll wait until wednesday-thursday next week and that will be it, because at the moment I have no money and no projector.
    Frustating. :suicide:

4. Flemming

Flemming

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    first thanks for the welcome... :)

Nice to know, that i'am not the only one waiting, but it is beginning to be really annoying. I sold my panny ea-300 in January, as Gultronics expected to deliver within 2 weeks. But that's 2 month's ago.

I know it's not there fault, so i emailed sony Denmark to get futher information. They told me the same things as i allready knew.

Shift off factory, and a faulty shipment in start of feb. that have been call't back.
    They also said, that there will be a delivery time, for 2 month on new orders here in Denmark right now. ( but mine is ordered 2 1/2 month ago)

I dont think that i will cancel my order at Gultronics, as you said, i will only end up with a older and more ekspensive PJ.

So..... back to waiting... :(

Flemming

5. Meridius

Meridius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    i have herd thay are not comming out untill end of april now

6. Beastie Boy

Beastie Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Heard where?

I too am waiting. When I last called Gultronics, they were unable to confirm whether or not the firmware upgrade was included or not as Sony would not state this in writing.

Cheers, Beastie.

7. kikekun

kikekun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You probably heard that from a Canadian user speaking about the availability of the projector on his country for new orders. I'm not saying that it will not be the same here, but we are speaking of different countries and continents.

Anyway, what a stupid and bad way of self destroying a good product by Sony himself. I can't believe that since january they haven't been able to mass produce enough units for the worldwide orders. :mad:

8. Meridius

Meridius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    i mean end of april in the uk my local hi-fi shop phoned the sony rep and thats what he toled him,

9. benji_m

benji_m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    The simple truth is nobody knows! Not the reps, not the dealers, not Sony UK!

10. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So no idea at all then when upgraded (err......I mean fixed :D ) HS50s will be available? :(

11. Beastie Boy

Beastie Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just got off the phone from Gultronics, and delivery is now expected in 3 weeks! It looks as though April was a good guess.

The good news is that the shipment will include the firmware upgrade :)

Cheers, Beastie.

12. Flemming

Flemming

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Allright......

Finally some good news, it,s only 3 months too late....... But anyway.. :thumbsup:

Hope it will last this time, cant wait to watch "The Incredibles" on my new PJ...

And with the firmware upgrade, mayby it was worth waiting for...

Flemming

13. kikekun

kikekun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think I'm going to drop my order of the Sony and go for the Panasonic AE700 instead. This has been too much of a waiting and annoying misinformation on purpose by Sony. They don't deserve my money even with a superior product. :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

The problem is we have been having "good news" like this for 2 months now, so I'm a bit tired of getting to the date said, and find out that there is 3 weeks more of waiting.

14. Flemming

Flemming

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I absolutely agree.....

But think about, you are mayby going to own use and enjoy your PJ. for years to come. And theres no doubt, that the HS-50 is the best PJ. Of the 2.

So what is 3 more weeks, compared to living with a PJ. That's quite as good.
    You won't forgive your self for not waiting. Especially if you one day see, what the HS-50 can do, and you then will die too get one....

So my advice is, keep cool for 3 more weeks, and then...... You will be able to enjoy, and be really happy that you did.......

I am as mad as you are at sony, but i have waited so long now, that i want give up, for another 3 weeks...

Flemming

15. kikekun

kikekun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your post, Flemming. Really apreciated, but the time is really an issue for me, nothing related to my patience. :)
    The thing is, I'm going to be just 2 months more on the house I'm now, and I have an empty dedicated Home Cinema room waiting for almost 3 months now. If I wait 1 month more, I won't be able to enjoy my Projector enough time :rolleyes: Plus, and even more important, I need it for work too.

By the way, I have just been told by Guiltronics that 5 Sony units arrived today, and they will dispatch in strict queue order, so Flemming, you are probably one of the lucky ones, man! :thumbsup: But not so sure about me... :boring:

Does that mean that Sony is sending units by surprise and fulfilling all the backorders?? That would be great news indeed... :clap:

16. Beastie Boy

Beastie Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think I'm about number 35 in the queue, so there needs to be a few more surprise deliveries before I get mine ;)

Cheers, Beastie.

17. kikekun

kikekun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When did you ordered yours? Just to know where I am in that magic queue. I did on the 12th of February anyway, so I suppose I'm quite down on that list. :rolleyes:

18. Flemming

Flemming

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kike.... i can see if you need it for your job, that you cant wait.
    But if it's for presentation use, it just might bee too dim for you...!!

Else you can use it in your new place, i guess that you dont buy a PJ. just for using it a few months... :)

I orderet mine, 14 of january. And just got a mail from gultronics, that i am near the front of the queue. I was most interestet in, if i was in the lucky top 5....

But they expected, new stocks real soon...

Flemming

19. Beastie Boy

Beastie Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good question! I ordered by phone and have just realised that I haven't had any confirmation of the order. All I have is an order number and a £1510 debit on my credit card!

Anyway, I would guess about 6 weeks ago.

Cheers, Beastie.

20. Flemming

Flemming

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi...

Does anyone have any news about the next stock of HS-50's. From Gultronics...??

The last one of 5 pcs. is almost a week ago now, and they expected a new one real soon.....

Flemming

21. kikekun

kikekun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I went to London and visited them this weekend. They told me they would call me on monday, but they never did.
    I also emailed them yesterday first thing in the morning, and still no answer whatsoever.
    I reckon I'm being a bit impatient and nervous about it, but a weekly update from Guiltronics after being waiting 2 months wouldn't hurt, really.
    I'll let you know if I get an answer, but I think you should get yours very soon.

22. Skittles

Skittles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Odd, I ordered the hs50 from Gultronics in January and got it a week later!?!

23. kikekun

kikekun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG]

You lucky man! :)

I'm starting to get a bit nervous now, and hearing people on the forums speaking about how wonderful their projectors are is not good for my health! :nono:

24. Beastie Boy

Beastie Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just had this reply from Gultronics (very speedy reply to my e-mail BTW, less than 10 minutes):

"STOCK IS NOW COMING IN, AND WE HAVE RECEIVED SOME UNITS THIS MONTH. MORE WILL BE IN. ALL BACK-ORDERS SHOULD BE CLEARED THIS MONTH.

THANX"

Cheers, Beastie.

25. kikekun

kikekun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got EXACTLY the same e-mail in March :rolleyes:
    Anyway, it shouldn't be long now.
    In USA Sony has started to deliver all the new updated units.

26. Craig Armstrong

Craig Armstrong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

Mind arrived from Gultronics within a week of order too (early Jan) but its going back as soon as you lot have received yours and I know Sony UK are prepared to aply the firmware patch (and fix the panel misalignment).

27. Beastie Boy

Beastie Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Craig, out of interest, how bad is your panel misalignment?

28. Craig Armstrong

Craig Armstrong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm only a newbie so I may have this wrong, but I get a green line of pixels down the righthand edge of the image andif I look closely I can see purple edging to certain parts of the image as well. Itsonly the green line that is noticable at viewing range though. I've spoken to Gultronics and decided to wait until the updated firmware is available to be applied, so I can kill two bird with one stone when I return it.

29. Beastie Boy

Beastie Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What was Gultronic's response to the problem? Are they prepared to exchange or repair the unit via themselves, even after the 7 day cooling off period.

It's good to get a picture of how dealers treat these kinds of problems, especially when they have £1510 of your cash, and nothing to sell!

Cheers, Beastie.

30. Craig Armstrong

Craig Armstrong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Its defective so the Distance Selling Regs time limit is not an issue, straight forward Sale of Goods Act claim. Right to reject undere SoGA expires after a reasonable opportunity to inspect etc, I've reported problem but told to hang back. I'm feeling on safe ground ;). I don't think there will be any need to cause a fuss though, Lal at Gultronics will sort it out for me and I only want it fixed, not replaced. Its up to Sony how they choose to resolve the problem.