1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HS50 Firmware

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by kishoo, Apr 7, 2005.

1. kishoo

kishoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Got my HS50 Delivered today (Yipee) but dont know how to find out the firmware version...

Help please !!

Kishoo

2. Meridius

Meridius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    on the remote push enter, enter, up, down, enter, up then the menu should be at the botten new menu

also if yours is fixed where did you get it and what is your serial number for refrence

thanks

3. kishoo

kishoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Thanks Meridius for the help.

My Rom Version is 01.02 / 01.02
    My Sc Rom Version is 01.02

My S/N is 200019*

I purchased the unit through a wholesaler in north London (Sorry can't name them in open forums)

They are wholesalers who I source Sony product through for the company I work for ......

Any questions then Pm me......

Kishoo.

4. Meridius

Meridius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    the americans roms are

old
    Rom Version is 01.01 / 11.01
    Sc Rom Version is 01.01

new
    Rom Version is 01.02 / 11.01
    Sc Rom Version is 01.02

so the americans version have different roms to us so its no good checking the us model roms to the uk roms.

But i did look at a unit from a sony shop last week here in the uk they just got it in 1 week ago and i checked the rom and SN for reference, this unit ahd a bad panel and blanking issues

ROM 01.01/01.01
    SC ROM 01.01
    S/N is 12800 ish

it looks like you got the new rom version so it looks like you got the latest one you will have to check the any panel alinement problems and to see if it has not got the blanking issue

thanks hope to hear from you soon

5. kishoo

kishoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Hi Meridius

When back in the office I will 'borrow' the Iscan HD Plus and check to see if it has the HDMi input blanking issue that is well known about.

As for the panel convergence.. I have put 5 hrs on the lamp so far and cannot find any convergence issues. I used my external colour bars / pattern generator to confirm this... a kick back of when I used to converge CRT projectors !!!

Image wise there is no colour fringing / bars etc when viewing black and white material and overall very good.

The only point of improvement (remember that this is a cheep unit) is the de-interlacing and scaling of 576/480 video sources. They look slightly more noisy than the Screenplay 7205 that we have in the 'office'. Hopefully when I add a scaler this will cure that issues..

Regards

Kishoo

6. Dwayne Dibley

Dwayne Dibley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +237
    .... fyi.... I received my HS50 3 weeks ago and was assured that it was a new fixed one.... I'm not entirely sure ....

SN is 12679
    Rom 01.01/ 01.01
    SC Rom 01.02

.... seems a bit of a cross between the old and new!

Haven't got a HDMI player to test it with.....

Here's a cheeky ask (!) anyone in the Gloucester area got a HDMI player and would like to plug it into an HS50 for a demo? ... You get a demo, I get to try out the HDMI stuff.... just a thought.

7. Meridius

Meridius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Dwayne Dibley hi there

I dont think you have the new one thats the old rom i seen one of these last week with the same sn12800 ish and it had a bad panel but even the old rom version projectors can have a perfect panel but you might have a blanking problem with yours but its not the latest rom as you can see from the other post

you will have to see if it has the blanking issue to see if it has been fixed but let us know the more info the better

thay should be 1.02 versions for the new