1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HS20 input selection

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by winger67, Jul 15, 2004.

1. winger67

winger67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there any way to turn off the inputs I'm not using on the HS20 so I don't have to scroll through them each time?

Each time I power up the HS20, it's on a different input than when I shut it off. Any way to have it power up on the same input it was powered down on?

If there is a better forum specific to the HS20, please point me there.

Larry

2. ShinObiWAN

ShinObiWAN
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Larry,

To get the HS20 to remember your last input setting and not adjust each time the projector is turned on you have to go to the SET SETTINGS menu and then turn the AUTO INPUT SEARCH: OFF.
    This should stop your problem, I did have this myself and its annoying to say the least!

With regards to turning off or disabling inputs, its impossible as far as I know.

3. winger67

winger67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks! That helps alot. I would have thought Auto Input Search would have found the input that has signal but doesn't seem to work that way.

I have an HD DirecTivo hooked up to the HDMI but don't seem to be getting sound from the HS20. Should I be? My guess is that there is no digital to analog decoder in the projector.

4. ShinObiWAN

ShinObiWAN
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lo again,

I haven't a clue as far as sound output from the HS20. Its something I've never used nor intend to.

Can I ask why would you want the HS20 to output sound, do you use yours for presentations etc?

5. winger67

winger67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I'm just watching the news or other times I don't care about audio quality, I thought it'd be convenient to use the speaker in the HS20 instead of having to switch on the receiver. No big deal, though.