1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HS20 DVI problems / NVIDIA / PowerStrip

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by kneight, Sep 25, 2004.

1. kneight

kneight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've spent the past 2 days trying methods provided in these forums and i still can't get my projector to display the magic resolution 1366x768 @ 16:9.

I'm using NVIDIA GForce 5950 with their new driver. It looks freaking beautiful at 1280x720, but it's overscanned and I can't see the border :(

I can cheat and use NVKeystone, but it makes everything blurry.

I'm having overscan problems in the bootup menus, Windows XP, and any game I play (doom3, star wars galaxies, etc).

After reading various threads on Powerstrip I got the software and created various 1366x768 resolutions, at 'any' and 16:9. They all came out exceptionally blurry.

If anyone could walk me through some steps or point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.

Nate

2. kneight

kneight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Still no luck :(

3. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I didn't reply because I've not had an HS20 nor do I use nVidia cards, but when the HS20 first came out I vaguely recall discussions indicating getting 1:1 with them being a problem at times, not sute whether it was nVidia or ATI cards that had the problem.

If no-one here can help then all I can suggest is got to the AVS forums and hunt around there to see.

4. MattB

MattB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have an HS20 and Nvidia (Ti4600) combination and the only way I can get it to work is to:

start the projector in DVI Video GBR mode
    then start the PC - I use 1280x768 60Hz
    then change the projector to DVI Computer mode

you will then have no overscan.

Hope this helps,

5. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    The nVidia card is probably the problem here - there's plenty of stuff here and elsewhere on the web about them having problems with custom resolutions - This Thread being a recent example.....

Sean G.

6. steve_s13

steve_s13
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0