Sony HS20 cable choice

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by elbe35, Apr 21, 2005.

1. elbe35

elbe35

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease: I am so grateful to find this forum, i am in the process of setting up a dedicated cinema room in my basement and recently purchased a Sony VPL HS20 for £1500 ( managers special ) The only snag being that it was without the 10m PJ MULTI cable. My question is should i order this cable from sony or make use of the HDMI or DVI sockets . I will be buying another DVD player so i know my choice will be slightly limited if i go with the HDMI or DVI option. Looking forward to any advice. Thanks.

2. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,045
    You will get better quality using the HDMI, DVI or even the Component Video input.
    I owned an HS20 for a while, and despite having the PJ multi cable, I never used it once.

If you already had the PJ multi cable, I'd see it as a quick way of feeding your projector a Component video signal until you aquired a better quality lead.
    Since you don't have one, I wouldn't bother buying one.
    Depending on what connections you have on your DVD player, I'd buy a decent quality component, DVI or HDMI lead instead.

3. juniper

juniper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    If you are going the component route I do not believe that you can go wrong with Mark Grant cables (you'l find them on these forums) - having an HS20 myself and having owned about five different types of component cable I can vouch that they are of excelllent quality both build-wise and for picture quality. If you are going the HDMI route then your choice will depend to some extent on the cable run, purely for budget purposes - what will be the distance from DVD player to the pj?

4. elbe35

elbe35

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for reading guys, sorry for delay but i cant access these forums whilst at work, big brother blocks my access every time. I think i would like to go down the HDMI route, the cable run will be about 5 metres to enable me to run it through the ceiling void and down to the DVD player.