1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HS20 and Yellow Band

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by sneaky, May 26, 2004.

1. sneaky

sneaky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many moons ago I reported that my HS20 had an 18 inch by about 3 inch yellowy line in the top right hand corner.

After Sony (robbing gits - I was one of the £2000 plus buyers) lowered there prices I decided to contact Sony and have it looked at. They said that the Optical unit was faulty and they have replaced it. After three weeks of it being away I received it back yesterday and hooked it up last night. The picture is fantastic and has certainly improved even though it was good before.

Another starnge thing is that that menus seemed to have changed, they have an etched look to them - presumably they may have updated the firmware, it is now 1.02. The convergance is also better.

Now that I have a bit more experience with projectors, I would suggest if you have any sort of complaint or problem with it get it sent back and dont just put up with these niggly things. It only cost me a tenner for delivery and the improvement is excellent.

Thanks

Chris

2. Richard Harnwell

Richard Harnwell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Mine has developed exactly the same thing!

I'll contact the store and see what they suggest. I'd really prefer not to lose my projector for three weeks though........

3. sneaky

sneaky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If the band is a pain in the butt which it was for me(my eyes kept getting drawn to it whenever the top of the screen was light or there was sky) the 3 weeks will be worth it.

Im not saying it was easy watching a 32" tele again but it was worth it.

I couldnt belive how much I missed it.