1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony hs20 & 9600XT

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by edved, Sep 10, 2004.

1. edved

edved

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking that a thread along the lines of this has previously been posted, but I'm really beyond frustrated with this! I have a Dell FP2001 LCD which I'm running at the default setting of 1600x1200 and a Sony Cineza HS20 Projector with an output of 1024 x 764, which I purchased but 4 days ago. I am using this combo with an ATI 9600xt. I thought I could simply plug and play, but unfortunately, it's gotten to be more like plug and pray! I've attempted a couple of things, including the analog VGA to my monitor and the DVI to my projector. Neither option has provided me with video nirvana. My projector only shows about a quarter of the screen, my monitor shows only a quarter of the screen. I've tried going down to 1024x768 but my project still cuts off the sides of the image. Any suggestions? I am utilizing the latest "greatest" drivers...4.8 and still unable to get this right. Numerous and an inordinate amount of time spent.

2. paul1672

paul1672

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    you need ultramon mate
    and i'm sure the correct settings for 1:1 pixel mapping on the hs20 are the same as the hs10 (1366x768).
    if thats the case then you need powerstrip to set these settings.
    you are right to plug the hs20 in via dvi lead,and the lcd tv via vga.
    with ultramon program you can then set both screens to their native resolutions/refresh rates at the same time.
    my suggesttion would be do a search from the above heading on things like 'powerstrip settings for hs20' and 'ultramon',that should point you in the right direction.
    i know this works as i did it with my lcd tv and sony hs10 pj.
    failing that,if you need more help message me and i'll try explain better.
    paul