1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HS2

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Pixalorny, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Pixalorny

Pixalorny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to everyone who looked at my previous posting regarding HS2 black and white problem. It turned out that the Sony VCR does not support scart to S-video. I have now run scart to component direct to the pj for video and s-video to pj for the dvd. I hope to improve the setup/cabling, but for the moment just want to enjoy some large screen entertainment.

Does anyone else out there actually own an HS2, or am I alone?

If anyone else out there has one, and has done any calibration etc I would be interested to here from you - the only HS2 calibrations I have come across were posted on avsforum.

I was going to try some HS10 settings that have been posted as it is not too distant a relative to the HS2, and seems to be the machine of the moment.

I just wanted to share some of my happiness at joining the small group of pj owners, I just didn't realise I was in such a small minority with the HS2!

I'm so lonely Pixalorny

2. fozziebear39

fozziebear39

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    You are not alone...... well for the moment anyway!

I have a HS2. In the first week I noticed a couple of dead pixels near the centre which occasionaly joined into 3 to make a bigger blob. Anyway apart from that I thought it was ok but not as impressive as I expected so I am upgrading it to an HS10. The dealer I got the HS2 from will let me pay the difference for an HS10 but they are not getting any for at least another week.

The biggest problem was not having any of the Component or VGA leads in stock anywhere! and with them costing £200 thought I would upgrade instead.

Another member on here has done the same thing, swapped for an HS10

3. Pixalorny

Pixalorny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like it was just you and me - soon to become one!!

Let me know what you think about the noise of the HS10 compared to the HS2, I'd be interested to know if there is much difference as that was a secondary reason I didn't purchase.

Its been nice knowing you, and enjoy!

Pixalorny

4. murph200140

murph200140
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Pixalorny
    No you are not completely alone I too am a hs2 owner . Got one just before xmas and been blissfully happy with it since then . I use mine purely for showing movies from my samsung dvd player . No plans to upgrade to a hs10 , especially as the hs10 seems to have problems of it's own , with the lamp bug that some members have been chatting about and fan noise .
    I think the hs2 is great , I must admit that some movies look better then others on it , but this is mostly down to the original transfer of the movie onto the dvd I believe .Blade 2 looks superb , but Gremlins which is poor transfer looks fuzzy , but this also looks fuzzy on my tv .Anyway all in all for a first time projector the hs2 is good and I'm off to watch my new copy of Robocop on it .
    cheers murph

5. Pixalorny

Pixalorny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Glad to hear there is someone else out there enjoying the HS2, I haven't been back to the forums for a while - too busy watching tv!
    I must be half blind as no-one else seems to rate it as an option. i watch footy during the day without the room blacked out - just pop it into dynamic mode and you're off. Movies in the evening are excellent, i can see the screendoor effect, but only if I am closer than 6 or 7 feet. Noise does not trouble me unless movie is super silent and the room is t-shirt hot.
    So far notched up about 60 hours in just over 2 weeks, just can't get enough of it.

cheers
    pixalorny