1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HS2 Arrived Today

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by bwstsw, Oct 5, 2003.

1. bwstsw

bwstsw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hay guys,

Like to thank all who assisted and gave advice about Projectors. We made our choice after going to out local 'Practical Hi-fi' store in Manchester, and saw the HS2 for ourselves. We also managed to harrass the poor storekeeper into giving us a £40 s-video lead and a 70" screen. All for a bargain price of £1050 :D

Picture quality is supeb, and to be honest we got a demo of the HS10 too, and for an extra grand, the HS2 seemed a-okay and not enough difference to warrant spending twice as much. Not yet anyway :rolleyes:

I'd just like to ask a quick question though, as we forgot to ask the dude in the shop, how long will the HS2 bulb last in the projector, and roughly how much are they to replace? Another slight worry is whether Sony will still make them say 5 years down the road if we never upgrade :confused:

Cheers guys :smashin:

2. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    on the purchase, I seem to recall advising you that the HS2 is a lovely PJ. Glad you are happy.

the bulb should last a good couple of thousand hours. Youll need to consult Sony really.

Also, I understand that PJ manufacturers are obliged to supply bulbs up-to 8 years after the product was first sold. This is what sanyo told me directly to my face !

Hope you get on with your machine, dont forget to engage cinema black in the picture menu ! Oh, and if you ever wanna go for a Prog scan picture via component video speak to the guys at

www.nexnix.co.uk

they can get you the lead you will need.

Any problems, stay in touch,

Cap:smashin:

3. bwstsw

bwstsw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks alot capt :smashin: we think its really great, and yep I have sorted the cinema black thing :)

4. murph200140

murph200140
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Congratulations on getting your HS2 , there seem to be very few of us in these forums who own the hs2 .I've had mine for 10 months now and have been very happy with it .Have fun . Cheers Murph