1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HS10 vs Sanyo Z1 My Thoughts after Demo at NEXNIX

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by benmc, Jan 24, 2003.

1. benmc

benmc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi All

I thought that I would give you all my thoughts on the Sony HS10 and Sanyo Z1.

2 Weeks ago I demoed both of these at NEXNIX.

Basically I had already been sold on the HS10 as the throw distance worked much better for me but I thought that I would have a look at the Z1.

I am not into being ultra critical about these things, all I am looking for is a good image.

There are 2 areas that I thought that the HS10 was better.

The increased resolution does make a difference after looking at the HS10 the Z1's pixels are more obvious but would not be a problem unless you were looking for them.

The HS10 is also brighter and would be easier to watch in a room with ambient light.

The lens shift on the Z1 is great and is a feature that I think all Projectors should have, it saves having to have keystone.

For the money I thought that the Z1 was wonderful and would have bought it straight away if the throw distances worked for me but they don't.

I also think that the Z1 has the edge in the conneciton area as it can take RGB scart straight in.

Overall this is my thought about the 2, they are both great projectors and I would highly recommend both!

regards Ben

2. RASH PATEL

RASH PATEL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Benmac,

It's me again, what sort of connections are you using
    for DVD/SKy ,components/S video or Composite? Are you
    using any kind of Format/scaler for say RGB to Component
    output to PJ I am considering buying RGB to component
    converter to connect My DVD and Sky Box to the PJ.

Rash

3. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +213
    Nice little write up thanks.

My Z1 can't take RGB scart straight in. I think the nearest you're going to get is a cable to convert from Scart to VGA.

Jus.

4. benmc

benmc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Right

I will answer both questions.

My sky feed goes straight into the projector composite. My view is that the Sky picture is not very good and when it is blown up it gets worse so I am not going to waste loads of money on converters. I have got a JS tech RGB to s-vid that I may try this weekend and see if it improves.

I know that Sanyo do a RGB SCART cable for the Z1, Russell at NEXNIX has got one i believe, about £30 +vat, not sure if it is a converter or just a lead

Regards

Ben