1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony hs10 TOO LOUD!!! help please

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by John28H, Jun 9, 2005.

1. John28H

John28H
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    heya guys, i have recently got a sony hs10 pj (and very nice it is too) but its so loud, by loud i mean fan noise. does anyone have any sugestions? this thing is also mounted just abouve my head :lease:

2. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +721
    Sorry, but I think the HS10 was notorious for having a loud fan and I don't think there's much you can do about it.

Its successor, the HS20 ran a fair bit quieter but even that by modern standards is fairly noisy.
    The primary reason for me upgrading to the HS50 was because of the reduced fan noise.

I think the HS10 ran at about 33db, the HS20 about 28db, and the HS50 around 24db.
    :lesson: My physics tellls me (and I could be wrong here) that the volume doubles with each increment of 3db.

Therefore the HS10 is about 8 times louder than an HS50 :eek:

3. Comer

Comer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    This is what I did with mine. It's a bit drastic I know but there is no way I could have that tornado in the same room. I also had a fan blowing at the front of the pj as it is front vented. The fan was on a shelf beside the projector

See this thread about half way down.

For some reason the forum will not allow me to attach the same pictures again :confused:

4. John28H

John28H
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers guys i will have a good read. that looks really intresting