1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HS10 side shot problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by johnkay, Jan 6, 2003.

1. johnkay

johnkay
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am using the hs10 on a table onto a 6ft floor screen and I find that I have to use the side shot correction (+20) always otherwise without side shot I get a pigs ear on the top right hand corner,i.e the top of the projected picture is sloping up, left to right . It is not too bad because with +20 correction on side shot the top edge is levelled out. Also if I put some pressure on the right side (looking from behind) of the hs10 I can get rid of the slope as long as the pressure is applied, i.e the hs10 is then slanting slightly. Anyone else experience this with their hs10?

Also I do not know which route to go to improve picture either HCPC of which I know very little or to buy a better DVD player ( a Limit or Phillips) with component o/p & p/scan. I am using a Pioneer dcs303 all in one which is great for the sound but has s video o/p only. I like the convenice of the one box and realise if I get another DVD player I would have to connect the sound through the Pioneer, so have to run 2 DVD players at the same time. Anyone have a better solution.

2. WebLoader

WebLoader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi John

One of the areas you can improve the picture is to avoid using the sideshot facility. While it is convenient for a temporary setup, you are better permanently installing your projector (ceiling or wall mounted) so that it is directly facing the screen.

regarding HTPC or prog scan DVD, HTPC lets you 'do more' , surf, play pc games etc, but will never offer the ease of use of a dedicated player. As always, you pays your money etc etc. Picture wise the HTPC will probably be better, if you go for the ultimate setup (DVI digital connection from a DVI graphics card in the HTPC to the HS10)

this is the route i am going down, when my dvi cable turns up!

regards