Sony HS10 Geometry

P

philsparks

I asked this in another thread and it kinda got burried, so I'm trying again. Can I ask any of the HS10 owners a simple question - I'm trying to work out which projectors will work in our living room (both the screen and projector locations are fixed). For zero keystone correction does the HS10 need to fire at the centre of the screen or at the top/bottom edge? The widescreenreview implies the former, whereas some geometry that Sony UK faxed me implies the latter. This is pretty crucial to me so I'd be grateful if an existing owner would describe their set up and whether or not they need to use the keyston correction.

A second query - Anyone seen any better UK prices than £2.1k and what are the dead pixel policies of the various UK retailers.

cheers - Phil

ok this has been asked and answered a few times but its hard to find it in the huge thread at avs

the MIDDLE OF THE LENS on the front of the projector is:

level with the TOP of the projected image when CEILING MOUNTED

level with the BOTTOM of the screen when FLOOR MOUNTED

:eek: widescreen review either had some funky pre production model or just made an error or typo when they published the review saying the centre of the screen is level with the lens.

As for the price mate I dont know :confused: :confused: :confused:

My HS10 and 1251QM stuff :D

Sorry for adding another query, my prob with just about all projectors is that I want to put them behind my sofa, but this will almost fill the wall on the other side of the room so I basically need a more telephoto lens than most PJs have to shrink the picture size. The HS10 would be at the tele limit of it's settings. I've noticed that the HS10 has optional 'conversion lenses' but have never noticed any data on these - has anyone used them or could point me in the direction of a manual. Also what kinda price are they 50 quid, 500, 1500 ??

Phil

Yep.

The "optional" lenses are listed in the manual. Will dig out the part numbers if you want, but they're not cheap!

Around HALF the PJ cost :eek:

So they'll be £1000 - £1200!

So get that idea out of your head RIGHT NOW ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom