1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HS10 + Free Screen Info Required

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by marshy.dave, Jun 17, 2003.

1. marshy.dave

marshy.dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All,

I have recently read a post on here stating that the HS10 can be bought with free 16:9 screen. Does anyone know of anywhere selling this offer. I obviously eventually want a electric screen but it would put me on for now.

Thanks,

Dave....

2. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I bought my HS10 from KrishAV in Chiswick with the free screen - which is floor standing if you didn't allready know. The advert does not mention the screen but you can allways ask.

http://www.krishav.co.uk

Nexnix were also advertising the HS10 with free screen

http://www.shootandshow.com/sony-vpl-hs10.htm

Again they don;t ist the free screen anymore but it can't hurt to ask.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Lee

3. marshy.dave

marshy.dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What do you think of the projector mate, I have not auditioned it yet but from all the research i have done it seems to be the one to get with a budget of £2000.

I want to put it behind my settee which is about 15ft from the screen, what size screen would u recommend long term?

Thanks,

DAve...

4. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a look at www.projectorcentral.com mate. There's a calculator there that will tell you the screen size you need for the distance of your PJ etc...

I'm getting a second hand HS1, and to get a 6 foot wide picture, the PJ needs to be about 11ft away from the screen.

5. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hi Dave,

I had a bit of a nightmare to begin with...long story...I'm on my third HS10 now and everything is fine.

I run mine via a DVI equiped HTPC and the picture quality is outstanding with much less pronouched screendoor - only visible on large light coloured areas and even then only slight.

I had a HS1 - sorry Army Bloke - and returned it within days due to the pciture not being what I had hoped for...this was a while ago and I only used it via S-video but it suffered from highly visible screendoor and vertical banding IMO.

Mine is setup in a small room...about 3m x 3m...and I am using a 170cm 16:9 screen which is on the limit I think. If you plan to sit upto 15ft away then I would have thought a 7ft screen would be just fine. If you have a blank wall...or a sheet...try firing the PJ at it to get an idea of size before purchasing and don't be tempted to go too large would be my advice.

Cheers, Lee

6. marshy.dave

marshy.dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks again guys for the advice. I will be purchasing the projector first and using the screen that I get with it for a while. I want to put it right at the back of my room which is 22ft long by 14ft wide, i will be sitting about 12ft away. The screen will be ceiling mounted just infront of my curtains which are nine foot wide, ideally i would like the screen to cover the width of the curtains.

Ur right, I need to get the pj installed and project onto the curtains to see what screen size i can go for.

cheers

Dave...

7. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We've all got to start somewhere mate. And for what I'm getting it for £650 with a HOYA filter and spare bulb, I won't be complaining much.
    I'll be using it via component out so hopefully I'll see some improvement over your experience...