1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HS10 DVI output

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by fozziebear39, Feb 24, 2003.

1. fozziebear39

fozziebear39

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Hi,

I have my HS10 connected through DVI from a Radeon 8500. It is working at 1368 x 768. Brilliant picture but it is slightly smaller than when I switch over to component through DVD player suggesting that the picture is scaled and not 1:1 pixel mapped and has a slight border.

It doesnt seem that each pixel on the projector corresponds to a pixel on the graphics card output as on a LCD monitor.

Thanks in advance for any input on this...

2. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    It appears that when pixel perfect the HS10 leaves an 8 pixel border around the edge and there doesn't seem to be a way of overcoming it, the workaround is to just zoom a little so the picture fills the screen and the 8 pixel border ends up in the screen border.

3. Ghidorah

Ghidorah
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Fozzie,

So you swapped your HS2 ok then. Not many HS2 owners out there on the forum now.
    What do you think about the picture over the HS2 ?
    I think it is much improved, no screen door at all. Shame about the fan noise.
    Saw the HS10 at the Sony stand at the Bristol HI FI show
    and they were running it all day yet didn't seem that noisy or that hot.
    Still a good pic on it. Also saw the Z1, thought it was OK

Ghidorah

4. fozziebear39

fozziebear39

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Hi Ghidorah,

Yes I swapped it, really glad I did. More money than I intended to spend initially but the first £1400 for the HS2 would have been a bad investment, the extra was worth it.

No dead pixels (well I havn't looked THAT close yet!). The picture is like difference between night and day. So smooth no screen door, excellent.

True it's a bit noisier, but if I ever build my home cinema extension it will project from another room and be silent! plus at moment I watch a lot using headphones (what fan noise)

Fozzie

5. fozziebear39

fozziebear39

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Forgot to thank John for his reply... Thanks John for info on DVI. Seems strange thing for Sony to do but reassured that my HCPC and DVI is working.