1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HS10 - broken LCD

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Dayv M, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Dayv M

Dayv M
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Sony HS10 which is two years old (hence out of warranty) which recently developed a fault. A friend who works for a video installation company took the projector apart and found an imperceptible fracture on the red LCD panel. He contacted Sony who told him they do not sell components for domestic projectors and it would have to go to a Sony-approved repairer. He then asked such a company who said that Sony would only supply the complete prism assembly at a cost of £1100 plus £300 to fit.

My question is does anyone know where to source LCD panels for the HS10 apart from Sony or does anyone know of a commercial projector built by Sony which has the identical LCD panels?

Cheers,

Dave

2. Strider123

Strider123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its bad news I think Sony make there own LCD Panels.

3. Dayv M

Dayv M
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was hoping that even if Sony made their own panels, someone might know of a commercial Sony unit that used the same panels as the HS10. In this case I may be able to get hold of a replacement if Sony have a different policy towards commercial spares/repairs than they do to domestic spares/repairs.

Maybe buying an HS10 on ebay for spares is my best bet.

4. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,149
    To be honest you can probably pickup a well looked afterm low hours HS10 for not much over 500quid these days. You can probably find an HS20 for around about 750.