1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HS-50 and Denon 3910

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by sapkan, Mar 25, 2005.

1. sapkan

sapkan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I intend to purchase the above two in order to complete my home cinema set-up. I want to know whether the two work well together and complement each other. I am thinking of pairing them via HDMI. Are there any known issues? People with experince of both please comment

btw does the HS-50 come with a scart-vga dongle in the package, I am interested in feeding it RGB but noticed it has no scart input :lease:

2. Edgeyboy

Edgeyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +166
    I have been using this pair without any issues.

No scart adaptor in the box unfortunately.

3. sapkan

sapkan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    do you use them via hdmi? are you happy with the detail, contrast and overall pq

4. Edgeyboy

Edgeyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +166
    I do use HDMI beween the 3910 and HS50.

The HS50 is an exceptional projector for the price. Make sure you get a good one though because there are ones around with bad panel alignment.

The HS50 can easily resolve all the detail currently available on SD sources and with it's 720 panels is a good match for upcoming High Def.

I don't think you'll be dissapointed but I would urge you to find a dealer willing to check over the HS50 before you hand over any money.

HTH