1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony hs 20

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by malariaboy, May 2, 2004.

1. malariaboy

malariaboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    hi all, im thinking of getting rid of my pio 433 mxe plasma and going for a pj. can anyone give me any advice on pic quality compared to the plasma. from what ive heard its going to be just as good. any help is much appreciated cheers

2. phillfyspoon

phillfyspoon
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    it will be just as pleasing if not better then your plasma there is nothing like looking at an 6ft image in your own living room it is amazing and will not disapoint as long as u have a light controlled room or just wait till night time ;) when i was looking to get a pj i didnt have a clue what it would be like and now i know nothing comes close to watching a movie on it i laugh at plasmas they are double the price (hs20 can be had for £1500) and the image quality is about the same just not as big :)

3. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,036
    image clarity will be much, much better on the HS20.
    Contrast may not be, but will still be very, very good.

I was thinking of going the other way... selling my Sony VW11 projector for a Plasma. However I decided against it as nothing came close to the image quality I've been enjoying for 2+ years.

The HS20 is alot newer with better contrast, so I'd guess regardless of size it would trounce any Plasma available today.

4. twarde

twarde

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I was thinking about the HS20 but the lens is not short throw and in my room the distance from the lens to the screen will be 10 feet. This only gives a maximum image size of about 80 inches on full zoom. 80 inch may be big enough anyway, but I would like the option for it to be larger.

The link below is for a throw calculator.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/projection-calculator.cfm

5. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I think you will find you are in the same situation as most of the people on these forums. Just look at the ownership breakdown in the projector pole. The vast majority are short throw projectors.