Sony HS 20 Service menus ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Ekko Star, May 2, 2004.

1. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +477
    How do you access the service menus on one of these ?

Are there R/G/B screens in there to toggle (like the Panasonics) where you can check for Dead Pixels easily ?

2. Venom1969

Venom1969

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Service menu: enter, enter, up, down, enter
    Factory menu: enter, enter, left, enter

You can toggle the values in the last section of the menu. Haven't messed around with it too much. Let us know how you get on.

3. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +477
    Ok am going to pick this up tomorrow and give it a check in the shop.

Can you talk me through the procedure step by step exactly please i.e. how do I get into the service menu and factory menu please ??? Do I have to in a certain menu to begin with ?

On the Panny's I can get into Service mode and toggle Red, Blue, Green,White Screen's so I can easily check for dead pixels and colour uniformity.

Exactly how can I do the same thing on the HS20 ?

4. Venom1969

Venom1969

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you want to check for dead pixels throw some red, green and blue screens up and have a good look. Blue screen is projected by default when there is no source available.

To check for colour uniformity, press the lens button and look closely at the test pattern. Look at the crosshairs and side bars. Most HS20s have pixel deviation by 1 or 2. 2 would be unacceptable to me. You could be very lucky and find one with perfect geometry, that wouldn't be the norm though so expect it.

To see vertical banding you need to enter the factory menu and find the panel drive setting. Remember the setting and push it up and down to see vb. This is what I've been told as I haven't found this panel drive setting myself. Let us know how you get on.

5. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +477
    ok, thanks for that will try tomorrow when get there.