sony hq100 36" vega crt

S

stevelogan

I have got the fault code 10 ( I2C M2 Bus 0 Error ) flashing on the front led. Can anyone suggest exactly what this might be and where to start looking.

Many thanks

Steve

N

nig28

Hi

Unless you have experience repairing TVs, there is little you can do.
Even for a TV engineer the error code is just a guide of where to look.
Get in touch with a Sony repair center, how old is the TV?

Nigel

S

stevelogan

thanks, yep ive got a sony engineer coming over this thursday but just wanted to know how "bad" it might be. I had the back cover off at the weekend and putting it back fear i must have knocked something. I've checked all the connectors etc that i can see but can't find anything. Set is just over a year old.

N

nig28

Hi

Just over a year old, you might get it done under warrenty if you ask nicely, but not if they know you have had the back off!

Nigel

S

stevelogan

i'm really just looking at what area might be the problem, i have the service manual. Anyone any idea as to what may cause this fault code?

DRGL

Standard Member
stevelogan said:
thanks, yep ive got a sony engineer coming over this thursday but just wanted to know how "bad" it might be. I had the back cover off at the weekend and putting it back fear i must have knocked something. I've checked all the connectors etc that i can see but can't find anything. Set is just over a year old.
Do you mean you caused the fault or just had the cover off for a look? I've got this TV and hope this isn't gona be a common fault!! (I got through THREE 36FS76U's prior to the HQ100)

S

stevelogan

no i suspect that i have knocked something. Was fine before so not too worry you!

S

stevelogan

i'm hoping so!

now watching on a 4:3 sony grade one broadcast monitor switched to widescreen but only 20".

Trending threads

Trending threads

Top Bottom