1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Hi8 5000 camcorder where is tracking control ?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Merlin, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Merlin

Merlin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have borrowed a Sony Hi8 5000 camcorder (the pro shoulder mounted one) to playback Hi8 tapes recorded on the next model down in the range at the time, the v900. I am experiencing some picture distortion very low down, in the first 5% say of the screen, more to the right side. On one tape though I had a black screen for a few secs here and there, some for a few minutes.

I am transferring footage to a panny DMR eh50 and have the edit switch slid fwd on the 5000 and the panny set to fast HDD dub ON thinking ahead to the transfer to dvd.

Also had 22 dropped frames it said in the PC premiere capture window, for one I wanted as avi, though final properties said 400 and something !...

I have tried ffwd the tape then rewind it to give it the same tightness as the playback machine.

Would like to try a tracking control on it,...but where is it ?

Merlin