Sony headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Eee-Tee, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Eee-Tee

Eee-Tee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    A collegue has offered to buy me a couple of things whilst he's in New York, and I've been meaning to buy a new set of headphones for a while.
    Nothing too expensive, just to be used with MP3 player. I ear marked the sony range with Noise Cancelling, but after going to a Sony shop, he tells me they no longer sell that type. I was after the Street style (behind the head) design with this feature. he also said that the model down in this range, which doesn't have the Noise Cancelling, is also unavailable.

Can anyone clariyfy this- have they been discontinued or something, or are they only available to buy online. I assumed being a Sony shop, it would stock all sony products

2. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    The MDR-G94NC is not exactly great. In fact, it's pretty bad. It's NC circuitry make it bulky to wear on the ear, and yet the noise cancellation is completely ineffective. The circuitry also messes up any vestiges of acceptable sound that the lower models have.

I would suggest he pick up a Shure E2c or an Etymotic ER-6i for you, although you can buy these at reasonable prices even in the UK these days. These are in-ear isolating earphones, and work great to attenuate ambient noise - far better than the Sony. The Etymotic sounds thinner than the Shure but is more comfy to wear. Swings & roundabouts, etc.